Calix Announces Five Million Total Port Milestone
Company Leads North American Access Markets in Numerous High-Growth Categories and Applications
PETALUMA, CA—Calix, the world’s largest telecom equipment supplier focused solely on access solutions for broadband service delivery, today announced that it has shipped over five million ports to date to customers that in the aggregate service over 31 million subscriber lines. Since the company was founded in 1999, Calix has seen significant growth throughout its Unified Access Infrastructure and is the North American market leader in numerous fast-growing categories and applications, including DSL, fiber, and Ethernet services. With a strong third quarter, Calix surpassed the five million port milestone and demonstrated its growth in a number of additional ways:
* Calix has shipped to date over 2.5 million DSL ports via its North American market-share-leading Calix C7 MSAP and E-Series platforms (Infonetics, September 2008).
* Calix has rapidly tallied more than 90 customers deploying its E-Series products, now in their third quarter of release.
* To date, Calix has shipped a North-American-leading 275,000-plus GPON ONTs (Dell’Oro Group, August 2008).
* The total number of Calix customers deploying fiber to the premises (FTTP) is now over 300 – more than all other vendors in North America combined (Broadband Properties, November 2008). This market traction translates into worldwide leadership in GPON OLT and ONT equipment revenue (Dell’Oro Group, August 2008).
* Calix currently provides video solutions to a North-American-leading 200 service providers.
* Calix’ customers, including those gained in the third quarter, now serve more than 31 million total subscriber lines.
* Seven of the top 10, 14 of the top 20, and two-thirds of the top 50 phone companies in the U.S. rely on the Calix Unified Access Infrastructure to power their networks.
Significant Growth in FTTP Networks and New Markets
The worldwide leader in gigabit passive optical network (GPON) equipment revenue (Dell’Oro Group, August 2008), Calix has continued to expand its applications leadership in the FTTP space throughout 2008. The Dell’Oro Group also recognizes Calix as the worldwide market leader in emerging and fast-growing niche FTTP markets, like multi-dwelling-unit ONTs (MDU ONTs), and in a subset of the FTTP market – cellular backhaul over GPON.
Across North America and in an expanding array of different markets, service providers have found value in both the company and the Calix Unified Access Infrastructure. In 2008 alone, Calix has landed more than 65 new customers, many coming from new markets, including cable operators and Caribbean service providers. Multiple recent wins have been announced with such customers as Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) and WOW! in markets adjacent to traditional Calix strongholds.
“Calix has seen significant increases in broadband and fiber penetration in every quarter in 2008,” said John Colvin, vice president of field operations, Calix. “We have the right elements in place for continued growth in both our existing and in new markets. Calix believes that it is the only access player to grow its North American business in the third quarter. With the accelerating market traction that we’ve experienced throughout 2008, we feel that this momentum will be hard to stop.”
“Customer demand drives our network transformation initiatives, and we are seeing a strong market pull that is driving us to faster broadband and advanced IP-based services,” says Ken Paker, vice president of network services at TDS Telecommunications Corp. “Our goal is to get to market as quickly and effectively as possible in as many of our markets as we can, and we choose our partners based on their ability to help us meet these demands head-on.”
The 2008 Calix User Group Sets Attendance Records
Calix will be hosting its 2008 Calix User Group at the Disney Grand Californian from November 9-11, prior to the 2008 TelcoTV trade show. Over 300 North American service provider executives and consulting engineers will attend to gain perspectives from their peers, Calix executives, industry luminaries, and leading partners. The agenda will include keynote speeches from FCC Commissioner Deborah Tate, TDS Telecommunication Corp. Vice President of Network Services Ken Paker, and a host of Calix partners including Cisco, Microsoft, TandbergTV, ClearAccess, and MetaSwitch.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.