Agilent Technologies ships Genesys 2005 RF and Microwave Design Software
New time domain simulator, frequency planner, synthesis tool, user interface enhancements speed circuit simulation for wireless communications design
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 11, 2006, Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the availability of GENESYS 2005, a new release of its popular RF and microwave design software. The version includes a new time-domain simulator, frequency planner, mixer synthesis tool and revamped user interface that help speed circuit simulation and wireless communications design.
“GENESYS 2005 is a major platform release because we have added new products, such as CAYENNE, WhatIF and a new MIXER synthesis module, while also enhancing virtually every tool in the design suite,” said Joe Civello, platform manager with Agilent’s EEsof EDA division. “We know from recent beta testing that designers appreciate the enhancements that make design with GENESYS faster and easier. This release from the Eagleware product line broadens our range of offerings and gives designers compelling reasons to choose Agilent as their EDA partner.”
GENESYS is a single, integrated electronic design automation (EDA) environment for RF and microwave applications. Separately-priced additional modules include the following:
* CAYENNE, a SPICE-like time domain simulator that contains unique innovations such as direct use of S-parameter data, a faster hybrid frequency/time mode, selectable trade-offs between accuracy and simulation time, and electromagnetic co-simulation, including the use of lumped elements.
* WhatIF, a frequency planning tool that uses a new simulation technique that helps select spur-free intermediate frequencies (IF) for radio designs. WhatIF analyzes all of the spurs within a given frequency range (based on the characteristics of the mixers to be used in the design), the RF frequencies and bandwidths of the radio system, and the desired IF bandwidth.
* MIXER, a new mixer synthesis module for design and analysis of mixer configurations using a variety of built-in topologies as starting points.
GENESYS 2005 incorporates numerous user interface enhancements, including:
* Datasets that provide a view of simulation results and permit easy comparisons among simulation runs.
* Enhancements to the equations capabilities that include structured programming constructs, such as while loops and multi-line, if-then-else statements.
* Scripting capabilities that extend support for all design elements.
For More Information
* To learn more about the new simulation breakthroughs and other enhancements to the GENESYS 2005 release, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-genesys2005-demo and watch a 10-minute video. Viewers can enter a monthly drawing for a free Apple iPod Nano.
* More information about Agilent’s EDA solutions is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof.
* A high-resolution image of GENESYS 2005 is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-GENESYS2005_image.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
GENESYS 2005 is available now, with prices starting at approximately $5,000.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company’s 21,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.1 billion in fiscal 2005. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
- Contact Information
- Janet Smith
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.