Dell Provides Infrastructure for Microsoft’s New Cloud Computing Platform
* Dell Provides Hardware and Services for Windows® AzureTM
* Dell Custom-Designed Infrastructure Enables Microsoft to Speed Deployment, Maximize Energy Efficiency and Minimize TCO
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) announced that Microsoft Corp. is working with Dell’s Data Center Solutions (DCS) division to build-out and power Windows Azure, Microsoft’s cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers.
* Microsoft is working with Dell’s Data Center Solutions (DCS) division to build-out and power Windows Azure, Microsoft’s cloud services operating system hosted in Microsoft data centers. Dell developed highly-customized server platforms for Microsoft tailored to their physical facility, operating processes and application workload:
Dell’s supply-chain expertise and manufacturing infrastructure enables the fast delivery of custom-built, fully-configured rack solutions to support the rapid growth of Windows Azure.
Global scale, data center planning and deployment expertise and customized services enable Microsoft to speed deployment, maximize energy efficiency and minimize total cost of ownership.
* “Hyper-scale computing environments – where infrastructure deployments are measured by up to millions of servers, storage and networking equipment – are changing the way organizations are thinking about their data center requirements,” said Brad Anderson, senior vice president, Dell’s Business Product Group.
* “Today’s announcement is another example of Dell’s innovative approach of working with customers to design and build an infrastructure fully optimized for their hyper-scale computing environments,” said Forrest Norrod, vice president and general manager of Dell’s Data Center Solutions Division.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.