Freescale 3V pressure sensors enhance system compatibility
Lower voltage devices designed to extend longevity for simpler, cost-sensitive healthcare and portable electronics
AUSTIN, Texas . – Freescale Semiconductor has introduced a series of low-voltage pressure sensors designed to meet power efficiency demands in battery-backed handheld and mobile communication products. Operating at up to 3 volts, the highly integrated micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS)-based MP3V5050 pressure sensors are engineered to help developers reduce system cost, size and power consumption by eliminating the need for additional interfacing devices.
The MP3V5050 pressure sensors include a broad pressure range from 0 PSI to 7 PSI (50 kPa). These pressure sensors are fully amplified, signal conditioned, temperature compensated and provide a high output signal – all in a small form factor. This on-chip integration makes the MP3V5050 pressure sensors an all-in-one plug-and-play product to connect to Freescale and other equivalent 3V microcontrollers.
MP3V5050 Pressure Sensor Features
* Supply voltage 2.7 V to 3.3 V
* Typical full scale span 2.7 V
* 0 to 7 PSI (50 kPa) pressure range
* Vacuum version available in MP3V5050V
* 2.5% maximum error over 0° to 85°C
* Temperature compensated over –40° to +125°C
* Ideally suited for microprocessor or microcontroller-based systems
* Patented silicon shear stress strain gauge
* Multiple porting options available
* Durable thermoplastic surface mount package
* Available in rails or tape-in-reel shipping options
Price and availability
Suggested per-unit resale pricing in 10,000-piece quantities (all prices USD):
* MP3V5050VC6T1 and MP3V5050VC6U at $6.79
* MP3V5050GP, MP3V5050DP, MP3V5050GC6T1 and MP3V5050GC6U at $7.07
Freescale will be discussing these low-voltage pressure sensors and additional MEMS product lines at the annual MEMS Executive Congress, Nov. 5-7, 2008 in Monterey, Calif. Visit www.memscongress.com for information. For more information about the MP3V pressure sensor series, visit http://www.freescale.com/files/pr/mp3v.html.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.