Day Positioned in Visionaries Quadrant in Leading Industry Analyst Firm’s Enterprise Content Management Magic Quadrant
* Basel, Switzerland and Newport Beach, CA – Day Software (SWX:DAYN, OTCQX:DYIHY), a leading provider of global content management software, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Visionaries Quadrant in the 2008 Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Magic Quadrant report. The evaluation is based on completeness of vision and ability to execute.
* Gartner’s inclusion of Day Software in the Visionaries Quadrant marks a milestone for Day in its 2008 efforts to advance product development with the release of its new CQ5 platform and its expansion of its leadership team to drive greater global sales and channel growth. Day Software sees Gartner’s positioning as confirmation of its product strengths and as insight to the growth opportunities Day has with the launch of its CQ5 platform.
* “In 2008, we invested heavily in enhancing our core infrastructure, including our virtual repository for connecting legacy ECM content silos and an integrated BPM engine in our new CQ5 offering” said David Nuescheler, CTO Day Software. “We also advanced new offerings around Digital Asset Management and Social Collaboration to complement our traditional strength in Web Content Management. We see Gartner’s positioning of Day in the Visionary Quadrant as confirmation of our continued technology and standards leadership.”
* According to the Gartner report: “Visionaries may offer all capabilities natively or partner for several core ECM components. Visionaries show a strong understanding of the market and anticipate shifting drivers, and may lead efforts around standards, new technologies or alternative delivery models, but they have less ability to execute than the Leaders. They are building their market presence.”
* Kevin Cochrane, Day Software’s newly announced Chief Marketing Officer, sees Gartner’s report as validation of Day’s opportunity for 2009. “Day Software has long been known as a open source and technology leader in the industry. What excites me is not only the strength of our latest product advancements, but also the new executive leadership, strategy, and growth plans we have to take this to market and broaden our market presence over the coming year.”
* A full reprint of Gartner’s ECM Magic Quadrant report is available for review on Day’s website at http://www.day.com.
* About the Magic Quadrant
* The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.