Dell Launches New Blog to Help Businesses Simplify and Save With IT
Round Rock, Texas
* Blog, information designed to promote wise IT spending, help “recession-proof” businesses of all sizes
* Dell has launched the “Simplify and Save” blog to help businesses engage and exchange best-practices with Dell, experts and each other on how to win in today’s tough times with smart, simple IT strategies.
At Dell IdeaStorm, customers are also encouraged to share their ideas for how they are simplifying IT and saving in their businesses or how else they would like to see Dell help.
* IT decision makers from businesses of all sizes can learn about and contribute to conversations on energy-efficient IT; virtualization; data storage; managed services for large and small and medium businesses; server, desktop and laptop replacement strategies; financing options, social media strategies and tools and more.
According to a recent report1 from Gartner analysts John Rizzuto and Betsy Burton, continued IT investment is imperative for all enterprises, whether the objective is to maintain or to gain competitiveness.
Michael Dell discussed similar ideas with a group of small-and-medium-business owners during their recent visit to Dell as part of the 2008 Small Business Excellence Award.
* In the inaugural Simplify and Save blog post, chairman and CEO, Michael Dell, explains: “The first reaction in any downturn is to cut costs. But what then? Where do you invest to drive competitiveness and prepare for growth? Challenging periods also present significant opportunities. Technology investments done right are the one thing that drive productivity and help drive cost out, which is what almost every business is looking for right now.”
* “Customers confirm complexity is out of control as the cost of managing IT exceeds the cost of acquiring it,” said Steve Schuckenbrock, Dell CIO and president of Global Services. “With 70 percent of IT budgets spent just keeping the lights on, too little is left for innovation. Our focus is on solutions and services that simplify IT management to free up resources for projects that drive business results.”
* “We are engaging our customers in the conversation to ensure we are on the right track to help them through these tough times,” Schuckenbrock continued. “The blog and IdeaStorm category are just the beginning as we help enable IT decision makers to become the ‘chief savings officers’ in their companies.”
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.