Belkinís New ETL-Verified CAT6a Cabling Solutions Enable 10-Gigabit Ethernet Network Performance
Belkin CAT6a end-to-end solutions are independently verified to meet TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10 requirements in both channel and permanent link configurations
(Compton, CA) Belkin today announced its ETL-Verified CAT6a cabling solutions, designed to enable 10-Gigabit-per-second connectivity in the data center and throughout a structured cabling system. The solution links 10GBase-T networking equipment using Belkin CAT6a patch cords, patch panels, keystones, and bulk cabling.
Growing Ethernet bandwidth requirements are leading IT and facility managers to deploy 10GBase-T solutions and consolidate servers in an effort to maximize data center performance.
Belkinís CAT6a end-to-end solutions pass all TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10 requirements in both channel and permanent link configurations, including alien crosstalk, return loss, insertion loss, propagation delay, and delay skew.
CAT6a solution components include:
* Patch Cables (F2CP003) in various lengths: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 14, 20, and 25 ft.
* Bulk Cables (F2CP004-1000) in 1000 ft. reels: Stranded CM (F2CP004-1000) and Solid CMR (F2CP005-1000); Cable Colors: Aqua, Black, and Gray
* Keystones (F2CP006-H) and Patch Panels (F4P600)
November 2008 in the US
Features and Benefits:
* Compliant to industry standards Official TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10 and ISO/IEC 11801-compliant
* Meets all alien crosstalk reduction specifications Not affected by wire in adjacent cable
* 10Gbps transmission to 100m for 10GBase-T applications
* Performance tested Tested to exceed 500MHz
* CAT6a copper patch cables feature molded connectors with snagless guards Make installations effortless and protect connector tabs from damage
* CAT6a copper patch cables feature gold-plated connector contacts Deliver maximum conductivity for high-speed data transmissions
* Backward-compatible with CAT5e and CAT6
Ben Thacker, General Manager of Commercial Products for Belkin International, Inc.:
* Belkinís release of our CAT6a structured cabling system is another important step in our 25-year tradition of providing organizations with reliable standards-based connectivity solutions.
* By complying in full to the final ratified CAT6a standard, Belkinís CAT6a system assures data communications professionals reliable performance in the high-density and high-performance computing applications that demand CAT6a performance.
For more information, please visit http://www.belkin.com/cables/cat6a/
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin provides SMB solutions that include structured cabling, KVM switches, LCD rack consoles, and racks and enclosures, in addition to a broad USB and cable product mix. A privately held company founded in California in 1983, Belkin has developed industry-leading innovations, prized by channel partners and end users alike for their dependability, customer service, and comprehensive warranties. Belkin has achieved over 20 consecutive years of dramatic growth and remains committed to making significant strides in the areas of research and design. For product offerings, awards, and further company information, visit www.belkin.com.
Belkinís phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europe in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.