ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 and ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 Graphics Cards Load Up Compelling Gaming and Multimedia Features
- AMD fills in top-to-bottom ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series DirectX® 10.1 graphics card line-up; some configurations deliver more than seven times the gaming performance of competing integrated motherboard graphics offerings1 -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the introduction of the ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 and ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 graphics cards, the latest additions to the award-winning ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series graphics line up. These feature-rich graphics cards deliver exceptional gaming and HD multimedia performance at value prices. Both cards are based on the same technology found in the celebrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 series, including support for the latest DirectX® 10.1 games and superior HD multimedia capabilities.
Delivering mainstream-class performance at a value price, the ATI Radeon HD 4550 graphics card plays demanding game titles previously unplayable by cards in this price segment2, and for less than USD $59 for a 512MB memory configuration. An even more incredible value, the ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card is the ideal introduction to the ATI Radeon HD 4000 series, priced for less than USD $39 for a 256 MB memory configuration, giving gamers and multimedia enthusiasts more features than products available from the competition today.3
“The ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 and ATI Radeon™ 4350 graphics cards are the final pieces of the puzzle in rounding out the highly successful ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series family,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD. “AMD set out to lead performance at every price point and today we offer a complete family of graphics cards that delivers on our commitment of winning performance in each market segment.”
Step up your game: The ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 graphics card
The ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 graphics card gives mainstream-class PC game performance at a value price. Derived from the same cutting edge technology found throughout the ATI Radeon HD 4800 family of products and featuring 80 stream processing cores, the card is based on the AMD advanced second generation 55nm process. With 96 GFLOPS of compute power (eight times the raw compute power of the IBM supercomputer Deep Blue), the ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 allows users to unlock new gaming experiences never before playable in this segment2, with full support for DirectX 10.1 games. With incredible power efficiency, operating at less than 20 watts under full load, the ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 is available as a passively cooled solution so users can access incredible gaming capabilities with a minimum of noise, heat and power consumption. The ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 with a frame buffer of 512MB DDR3 memory is expected to be available in October.
“It’s great to see AMD deliver gaming performance for the mainstream segment,” said Alexander Muller, CEO, SK Gaming International. “People will be excited to know they can get their hands on leading graphics performance at an incredible value price.”
Go beyond HD: The ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 graphics card
With certain card configurations offering more than seven times the gaming performance compared to competing integrated motherboard graphics offerings1, the ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card marks an incredible, low-cost introduction to the ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series family. Consuming just 20 watts under full load and featuring a frame buffer of 256MB memory and 7.1 channel audio via HDMI, the ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 is also expected to be available in October.
Spectacular HD multimedia experienceHome theatre enthusiasts should especially appreciate the ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 or the ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 graphics offerings. In addition to superior game performance, these ultra-quiet cards represent a tremendous value for do-it-yourself home theatre PC builders by enabling a feature-rich, high definition and high quality home theatre experience when used in conjunction with HD displays. Like all ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series products, the home theater experience is enriched with features such as AMD’s second generation Unified Video Decoder (UVD 2.0) ensuring smooth HD media playback, and ATI Avivo™ HD technology that delivers sharp, crisp images and vibrant colors for immersive, cinema-quality home entertainment. 4
The ATI Radeon HD 4550 and ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics cards are supported by a dozen add-in-board companies offering custom designs of the products. Partners include ASUS, Club 3D, Diamond Multimedia, Force3D, GECUBE, GIGABYTE, HIS (Hightech Information Systems), Jetway, MSI, Palit Multimedia, PowerColor, SAPPHIRE Technology and VisionTek.5
For more information about both products, visit http://www.amd.com/newsroom.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is a leading innovator in semiconductor design and manufacturing dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners in ways that ignite the next generation of technology solutions at work, at home and at play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
1. Certain ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card models deliver up to 7.4 times the performance of competing integrated graphics offerings from Intel in games such as Company of Heroes in 1280x1024 resolutions. Comparison based on internal testing using Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Asus P5Q-EM (E45), 2GB DDR2-800- 5-5-5-18, Microsoft Windows® Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit with an ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 graphics card with 256MB DDR2 memory clocked at 500MHz memory and compared to the same platform without the ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 graphics card. Not all graphics cards available from AMD partners will necessarily have the memory configuration noted in this test case. Results will vary.
2. AMD defines a playable game experience as one where the frame rate is greater or equal to 30 frames per second. Comparisons based on AMD internal testing using AMD Phenom™ processor 9950 (B3)MSI K9A2 (790FX) / ASUS M3N-HT DLX (780a), 2GB DDR2-800 (5-5-5-18 timings), Windows Vista® Ultimate SP1 64-bit. Display driver: 8.53_BR067635-0808142105, nVidia 177.79 WHQL Candidate; AMD Graphics: ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 512MB GDDR3 600e/800m vs. Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512MB DDR2 550e/400m. In games including Call of Duty 4 (1280x1024), Devil May Cry (High setting, 1024x768, 4xAA, 8xAF), and Company of Heroes DirectX®10 (Low setting, 1280x1024), the ATI Radeon HD 4550 delivers more than 30 frames per second compared to the Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT that delivers less than 30 frames per second.
3. The feature set of the ATI Radeon HD 4550 and ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics cards includes DirectX 10.1 support, DVI-HDMI adapter, 7.1 channel surround audio via HDMI, 7.1 channel surround audio via DisplayPort, cable-free HDMI and enhanced DVD Upscale.
4. ATI Avivo™ HD is a technology platform that includes a broad set of capabilities offered by certain ATI Radeon™ HD GPUs. Not all products have all features and full enablement of some ATI Avivo™ HD capabilities may require complementary products.
5. Not all partners will deliver all graphics products.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.