Motorola Launches 2006 with Music, Media and Mobility
Six “wickedly cool and compelling” products and solutions recognized by 2006 International CES for innovation in design and engineering
LAS VEGAS – 5 Jan 2006 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is ringing in the new year at the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) with a resolution to design and deliver “wickedly cool and compelling” solutions that make anytime, anywhere and always-on entertainment and communication a personal reality for consumers.
Motorola is showcasing its seamless mobility vision at Central Hall Booth 8545, where visitors will experience innovations that enable enriched wireless communications, home entertainment and on-the-go productivity. Motorola is demonstrating new ways to enjoy music and video, new personal-productivity devices that lighten road warriors’ briefcases and students’ backpacks, and innovative home communications solutions, all enabling seamless access to people, entertainment and information.
“Motorola designs and delivers innovations that transform the way people think about – and experience – the world around them,” said Ed Zander, chairman and CEO of Motorola. “We’re leading the way with new and compelling devices that work together to erase the barriers between places and services and empower people to connect with personalized entertainment and information.”
Six of Motorola’s new products already have been recognized for their “innovation in design and engineering” by the 2006 International CES. These include the ROKR E1 mobile phone, RAZRWIRE™ eyewear enabled with Bluetooth® technology, the Audex™ jacket series, the Audex™ protective gear and the C51 and T51 Connected Cordless Phone Systems. In addition to products, Motorola will share its vision of the future with experts participating on CES panels ranging from technofashion to Voice-over-IP to mobile gaming.
Music and Video Entertainment That Go Where You Go!
From music-optimized devices and accessories to new services that help you discover your next must-hear, must-have and must-share tune, Motorola brings consumers the latest innovations in the union of music, media and mobility:
* Motorola’s Next ROKR. Tuned into you, the Motorola ROKR E2 delivers an optimized multimedia experience. With up to 2GB of removable SD™ mass memory*, ROKR E2 lets you store as many as 500 of your favorite tunes, and wirelessly stream music from your handset to compatible Bluetooth®-stereo-enabled devices. And, oh yes, you also can make and receive phone calls, take pictures, send text messages and much more. All with one Motorola mobile handset – “the device formerly known as the cell phone.”
* iRadio™ Digital Music Service. The award-winning Motorola iRadio debuts its subscription service with 435 commercial-free channels and a listening experience that seamlessly follows you from home to car to headphones. It’s a complete audio experience enabled by the one device you’re never without – your mobile handset.
* O ROKR Sunglasses. Building on the excitement around the innovative RAZRWIRE™ Bluetooth enabled eyewear, Motorola and Oakley do it again with O ROKR™, the world’s first sunglasses featuring integrated, Bluetooth stereo technology for wireless communications and wire-free music enjoyment. Go wirelessly incognito as you stream music from your compatible mobile handset or portable music player equipped with a separately available add-on Bluetooth adapter.
* Audex™ Burton Jacket Series. Audex Burton jackets deliver a new high for mountain- and mogul-loving audiophiles! Combining Burton’s active sportswear for snowboarding, Motorola mobile communications and Bluetooth wireless technology, Audex Burton jackets enable hands-free fun and mobility – again, taking wearable communication to new heights of fun and functionality.
* Motorola Music Duo. At last, iPod™ can deliver the music without the wires! Music Duo – a combination of the TEN Technology naviPlay™ Bluetooth® Adapter for iPod™ and the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones – lets you stream music from your iPod** to your Motorola Bluetooth Stereo headphones. Now you don’t have to miss a beat – or a call! With the Music Duo, you’re in control – and in charge. Listen to your music, pause to take your calls, and resume playing music when you’re done.
* JBL On Tour™ Mobile. Optimized to work with your favorite Motorola music-enabled phones, JBL on Tour Mobile portable music box and speakerphone connects with your mobile phone and fills your room with music while you stay connected to your calls.
More than a decade ago, Motorola redefined television by helping to invent high-definition TV. Now, we’re leveraging our heritage in television with our innovation in wireless communications and mobility to create new ways to watch your favorite shows – seamlessly and reliably:
* Mobile TV Solutions. On-demand entertainment meets your wireless lifestyle! See how Motorola is combining leadership in mobile devices, wireless and broadband networks and digital video encoding to drive broadcast-mobile convergence. This must-see experience will demonstrate live television streaming to an automobile headrest and to your mobile device.
* Whole-Home Media Software. Seamlessly access stored digital entertainment – whether high-definition video on a DVR, music on a laptop or pictures on a digital camera – from any connected device in your home. Or, if you’re out and about, view recordings synched from your Motorola DVR to a mobile device.
* Digital Set-Tops with Integrated Home Media Networking. Create a connected home network to access and share high-definition content through the existing coaxial cable in the walls of your home. These new set-tops also support high-definition digital video recording, video-on-demand, an interactive program guide and other technologies. Verizon Communications is deploying this product as part of the Verizon FiOS™ TV service now available in parts of Texas, Virginia and Florida.
* IP Set-Top Solutions. Sneak a peak at the full line-up of our IP video set-top products. Motorola leads the way in digital video solutions for the connected home and is showcasing set-tops that support advanced services such as high-definition digital video recording (HD-DVR) and whole-home media distribution. These products support industry-leading video codecs and digital rights-management solutions, offering flexibility for service providers looking to deliver IP video.
Seamless Communication – In and Out of the Home
Motorola empowers the “pro-sumer” – the data-hungry, productivity-driven, email enthusiast who’s got to be in touch and on the go. At CES, we’re showing how we’re re-imagining and re-inventing office connectivity and voice communications for the home:
* Motorola Q. Motorola is showcasing the eagerly anticipated Motorola Q – a pre-launch taste of what’s in the queue for the pro-sumer. Merging the best in productivity with the best in QWERTY design, the Motorola Q offers laptop users an easy alternative and sets the standard for wireless productivity.
* Residential Seamless Mobility Gateway (RSG). Break down the barrier between home and wireless calling! The new Motorola RSG lets you take advantage of VoIP technology and use the same mobile handset – and the same phone number – as you roam in and out of your home. When paired with a dual-mode mobile handset (Wi-Fi® + GSM), the gateway can seamlessly transfer voice calls between a home wireless network and a cellular network, without interrupting your call.
* C51 Connected Cordless Phone System. The award-winning Motorola C51 series and cordless phone system provides access to landline, digital phone, cellular, home intercom, streaming video, shared family phone books, high-speed Internet and even push-to-talk-over-instant messaging -- right in the palm of your hand.
* Bluetooth Innovation. Wireless freedom to communicate on the go, Motorola’s industry-leading Bluetooth portfolio continues to advance with the introduction of several new companion products, including the Motorola H5 Miniblue Bluetooth headset. It’s tiny. It’s discreet. It fits in your ear to keep you connected and hands-free.
* Voice-Enabled Cable Modems. These new, integrated modems eliminate the cost and clutter of stand-alone routers, hubs and wireless access points. The SBV5400 integrates voice-over-IP and 5.8 GHz cordless phone technologies, while the SVG2500 can create a wireless home network and power up to two lines of full-featured telephone service in your home.
Innovations for Tomorrow
But wait, there’s more! At CES, Motorola’s technology team is previewing advanced technologies that will transform our tomorrows. From MESH networking solutions to predictive, intelligent content delivery, Motorola is showcasing exciting innovations that are in development at the company’s global network of market-making research labs.
Editors Note: For high-resolution images of the Motorola consumer solutions on display at CES, visit: www.motorola.com/ces.
Motorola is a Fortune 100 global communications leader that provides seamless mobility products and solutions across broadband, embedded systems and wireless networks. In your home, auto, workplace and all spaces in between, seamless mobility means you can reach the people, things and information you need, anywhere, anytime. Seamless mobility harnesses the power of technology convergence and enables smarter, faster, cost-effective and flexible communication. Motorola had sales of US $31.3 billion in 2004. For more information: www.motorola.com.
# # #
*Actual capacity is subject to available storage space on the phone’s memory card. Storage capacity is approximate and based on 4 minutes per song and 128Kbps AAC encoding.
**The naviPlay Adapter requires an Apple iPod equipped with a Dock Connector: third generation iPod, fourth generation Click Wheel iPod, iPod Photo, iPod Mini, Video iPod or iPod Nano models.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. iPOD is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance, Inc. JBL is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2006.
- Contact Information
- Juli Burda
- Media Contact
- Motorola, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.