EBPeters Lets Consumers Combine Design and Durability When Choosing Modern Platform Beds
The modern furniture trend has led to many lower-end retailers selling furniture with contemporary looks but crafted with low quality materials. Online modern furniture retailer www.EBPeters.com knows that shoppers don’t have to sacrifice quality for price in getting in on the trend. Because modern bedroom furniture pieces (specifically the popular platform beds) have their own unique issues, EBPeters has assembled a collection of free tips to help consumers choose platform beds that are sure to last.
Tulsa, OK – September 12, 2008 – Modern furniture can be much more than aesthetically pleasing, especially in the bedroom. One of the more popular, and functional, pieces of modern bedroom furniture is the platform bed which offers firmer support than box spring beds, making them especially good choices for customers looking to avoid that common mattress “sag.” Online modern furniture retailer, www.EBPeters.com, has compiled a set of free tips for choosing platform beds to help customers find contemporary-looking beds that will last, without having to spend a fortune or settle for poorly-assembled furniture.
“The bed might be the most important piece of furniture a customer buys,” says Eric Peterson of EBPeters Modern Furniture. “Most people spend around eight hours a day in their bed, and one that doesn’t properly support their spine can leave them irritable and in pain in the morning. Where box spring beds can cause the body to sag or sink in the middle while sleeping, platform beds are firmer with a mattress resting directly on a flat board or slats. Customers need to consider several things when buying platform beds, from the materials used in its construction to the type of mattress they plan to use on the frame. Our tips are designed to help them not only find the best deals, but find modern platform beds that will last.”
EBPeters suggests the following considerations when choosing or buying a contemporary platform bed:
1. Hardwood platform beds are more likely to last and give better support than those made from particleboard, which may need to be replaced after a few years at most.
2. Choose a mattress before buying a platform bed. Mattresses can be tested in advance to find the optimal comfort levels, and then a suitable frame can be chosen – otherwise, a buyer might find a platform bed they like only to find the type of mattress they want to use isn’t suitable.
3. Different mattress types need different types of platform bed frames (specifically the bases the mattress will lay on). For example, while most mattresses are fine on a slat base (which allows air to circulate around the mattress), others are not. Memory foam mattresses for instance should be placed on a flat, non-slat base. Fortunately, slat bases can be adapted for these kinds of mattresses by placing a solid board (cut to fit the frame) over the existing slats before inserting the mattress. Most EBPeters beds have a special slat system that will support both a regular or foam mattress.
4. Buyers need to look at the depth of the platform bed frame, and compare it to the thickness of the mattress. While this won’t matter for all models, some platform beds are designed for the mattress to lie flush with the frame (such as EBPeters’ Prince platform bed).
5. When ordering big ticket modern furniture items, consider using online retailers. Because online retailers often have lower overhead costs, customers can save money over visiting their local storefront. However, it’s important that they familiarize themselves with return policies and all measurements in advance as they can’t test the furniture before buying.
EBPeters.com offers several hardwood modern platform bed models and related bedroom set pieces.
About EBPeters Modern Furniture
EBPeters Modern Furniture is one of the largest independent modern furniture dealers online, offering contemporary furniture including modern area rugs, sofas, sectionals, chaises, bedroom sets, entertainment centers, barstools, and dining sets. Committed to offering the best and most affordable modern furniture, their staff scours the world searching for the most reliable and highest quality contemporary furniture. The professional buying team of EBPeters has worked closely with manufacturers and wholesalers since 2001 to bring great deals and savings to customers.
For more information about EBPeters Modern Furniture or choosing a contemporary platform bed, please visit www.EBPeters.com or contact Eric Peterson at 877-327-3837.
- Contact Information
- Eric Peterson
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.