Motorola Leads Industry Charge to Media Mobility at WiMAX World 2008
Keynote, demos show power of WiMAX to bring broadband everywhere and accelerate delivery of personal media experiences
Conference: WiMAX World 2008
Where: West Building, McCormick Place, Chicago
When: Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2008
Stand Number: 601
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. - 16 Sept. 2008 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a leading supplier of WiMAX solutions with a legacy of innovation in communications, will be at WiMAX World 2008 to showcase solutions that can help network operators transform their networks and their businesses to deliver 4G services and applications. Held in Chicago Sept. 30 - Oct., 2, 2008, WiMAX World 2008 is expected to attract as many as 10,000 attendees from more than 125 countries.
During his keynote address, “Enabling Media Mobility through 4G,” on Oct. 1, Dan Moloney, executive vice president and president of Motorola’s Home & Networks Mobility business, will discuss the importance of 4G networks in delivering new services for consumers and enterprises. In addition to experiencing media mobility, visitors to the Motorola booth also will be able to enjoy on-line gaming, video blogging and other applications.
Motorola is teaming with Sprint to deploy its XOHM™ WiMAX network in Chicago, home of Motorola’s worldwide headquarters. Motorola has contracts with 21 operators around the world for WiMAX systems.
A full schedule of Motorola executives speaking at the show is as follows:
Wed., Oct. 1
* 8 a.m. Power Breakfast: “Harnessing the Power of WiMAX” -- Fred Wright, senior vice president, Cellular Networks and WiMAX, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility
* 10 a.m. Keynote: “Enabling Media Mobility through 4G” -- Dan Moloney, executive vice president, Motorola, Inc., and president, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility
* 12:30 p.m. Technology Theater: “WiMAX 802.16m - the Future of WiMAX” -- Bill Payne, vice president, Networks Advanced Technologies, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility
* 3 p.m. Panel: The Business Case for Open WiMAX Networks -- Rick Keith, senior director of strategy, Broadband Access Solutions, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility
* 3 p.m. Panel: Strategies to Accelerate Adoption: the First One Million Users -- Tom Gruba, senior director of marketing, MOTOwi4™ Wireless Broadband, Home & Networks Mobility
* 3 p.m. Panel: Femtocells and Home Networking -- Neeraj Sinha, director of strategy and business development, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility
* 4 p.m. Presentation: “Distinct Advantages for Wireless Broadband” -- Darren McQueen, vice president, Wireless Broadband Access Technologies, Home & Networks Mobility
Thurs., Oct. 2
* 4 p.m. Panel: Public Safety & Government Applications -- Girish Rishi, vice president and general manager, Motorola Government & Public Safety
All times listed are Central Daylight Time. For more information, visit www.motorola.com/wi4events
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications. The company develops technologies, products and services that make mobile experiences possible. Our portfolio includes communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility solutions, digital set-tops, cable modems, mobile devices and Bluetooth accessories. Motorola is committed to delivering next generation communication solutions to people, businesses and governments. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $36.6 billion in 2007. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit http://www.motorola.com.
# # #
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.