Dell Offers Broad Server Lineup to Meet Small and Medium Business Needs
* Data Back Up and Security Top Concerns Among SMBs Worldwide
* New Dell PowerEdge T100 Entry-Level Server Delivers – Enhanced Productivity, Flexibility and Security
Dell announced worldwide availability today of the latest edition to its growing small-and-medium-business server portfolio – the DellTM PowerEdgeTM T100. Starting at $449 and available from Dell and its more than 40,000 channel partners, the T100 is an ideal first server for businesses looking to build a networked server environment to enhance productivity, flexibility and security – a top-of-mind issue among SMBs globally. For more information, visit www.dell.com/business/servers.
“Customers want systems that are easy-to-use, affordable and help protect their most precious asset – information,” said Sally Stevens, director, Dell PowerEdge Server Product Group. “With products like the PowerEdge T100, we are investing heavily in our server and storage solutions specifically geared toward the issues our customers tell us are most important.”
PowerEdge T100 Addresses Top Small Business Pain Points – Data Backup and Security
According to a nine-country survey of small-business owners and decision makers recently conducted by Dell and the International Council for Small Business(ICSB), adequate data back-up and ensuring safety of company data are two of the three top pain points and among the most important issues driving IT investments among small businesses worldwide.
An ideal first server for growing small businesses, the new PowerEdge T100 helps tackle these issues:
* Enhanced Productivity – Latest Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor for fast application performance to handle day-to-day computing and file storage demands.
* Security and Data Protection – Internal, locked-down USB 2.0 port, chassis intrusion switch, Trusted Platform Module chip, and RAID architecture that can prevent data loss by transparently performing data backups.
* Flexibility – Works in a variety of business environments from a desktop to storage closet, thanks to its slim chassis and quiet system acoustics.
* Scalability – Up to 8GB of memory1, I/O technology and internal storage capacity of up to 2TB enables the T100 to scale as small businesses grow.
* Simplicity – Easy access chassis and color-coded internal components make the T100 easy to use - the No. 1 issue driving IT investments among small businesses, according to the global Dell/ICSB survey.
Small and Medium Business Product and Services Leadership
Additional one and two-socket servers, direct attach storage and iSCI storage area network solutions launched earlier this year that underscore Dell’s commitment to delivering customer-driven SMB technologies include the PowerEdge R300 and T300 servers, PowerEdge T605 server, Dell EqualLogic PS5000 Series and PowerVault MD1120. Also recently introduced, Dell ProSupport breaks the mold of traditional support by providing tailored IT support services including direct access to certified technicians 24/7, popular small business software application assistance and configuration help.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.