American Express Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Credit Card Companies for the Second Consecutive Year
Company Ranks Highest Across All Customer Satisfaction Factors
NEW YORK.- American Express ranks highest in customer satisfaction among credit card issuers, according to the second annual nationwide study by J.D. Power and Associates. The study, which was released earlier today, ranks American Express highest in overall satisfaction among 18 of the largest card issuers in the U.S.
In fact, American Express ranks highest in each of the five factors the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Credit Card Satisfaction Study(SM) looked at to determine overall satisfaction -- Customer Interaction, Billing and Payment Process, Fees and Rates, Rewards Programs, and Benefits and Services.
“We are delighted today to know that our Cardmembers think we are on the right track,” said Jud Linville, C.E.O. and president of Consumer Services, American Express. "As we mark the 50th Anniversary of the American Express Card this year, ranking highest in customer satisfaction among credit card companies for the second year in a row is a great demonstration of our brand heritage and the passion and dedication of our employees who deliver extraordinary service every day.
"While this shows we are doing things right -- whether with innovative features and services, such as Pay with Points that allows customers to redeem Membership Rewards points for an airline ticket any time, any where; or continuing to enhance our unique Charge Cards; or through the work of our service professionals -- we always strive to do more.
“We recognize that consumers seek to simplify their lives and effectively manage their finances. We know we can do even more to help them, from ensuring the clarity of our customer communications, to delivering valuable customer offers, to enhancing the customer’s experience at americanexpress.com when they apply for a Card, book a family trip, or redeem reward points for that unique, one-of-a-kind experience. There is a lot more we can -- and will -- do to enhance the value of Card Membership.”
For more information about the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Credit Card Satisfaction Study, go to http://www.jdpower.com/finance/articles/2008-Credit-Card-Satisfaction-Study.
About American Express
American Express issues a broad and diverse set of consumer card products and services, including charge cards, credit cards, reward cards and co-brand cards. All American Express Charge and Credit Cards offer a number of core benefits and services, at no extra cost, as part of the value of being a Cardmember, including:
* Customer Service -- assists Cardmembers with any issues 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
* Dispute Resolution -- helps Cardmembers resolve a dispute with a charge on their monthly statement. If a Cardmember is unable to resolve the situation with the merchant, they simply call American Express who takes an active role in helping to resolve the dispute fairly.
* Identity Theft Assistance -- provides dedicated support that can help Cardmembers safeguard their personal information. If it is determined that the Cardmember’s identity has been stolen, American Express will provide assistance in helping to regain it.
* Fraud Protection Guarantee -- ensures that Cardmembers are not held responsible for any fraudulent charges made on their Card both online and offline.
* Account Alerts -- Cardmembers are always in control with Account Alerts that can be sent via e-mail, mobile phone, pager or PDA. Account Alerts include:
* Payment Due -- Cardmembers can avoid late fees by knowing exactly when payments are due. Plus, they can choose how far in advance they want to be notified.
* Account Payments (online or by phone) -- Cardmembers have the option to pay their bill online or by phone. And, unlike many bank cards, there are no fees for these services.
* Payment Received -- Cardmembers can find out exactly when their payment was received.
* Balance Update -- Cardmembers can find out what their balance is on a daily or weekly basis.
* Irregular Account Activity -- Cardmembers can be notified when irregular charges are detected on their account.
* Year End Summary -- provides a way to help simplify budgeting and tax preparation.
* Buyer Protection Services:
Purchase Protection -- provides added protection for accidental damage to or theft of covered items purchased with the Card for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
Buyer’s Assurance -- extends the terms of the original manufacturer’s warranty, up to one additional year, on covered products purchased with the Card. Applies to U.S.-eligible warranties of five years or less.
Return Protection -- guarantees satisfaction on covered items purchased entirely with the American Express Card. If a Cardmember tries to return a designated item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the store won’t take it back, American Express will refund the Cardmember’s account for the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, and up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Cardmember account.
* Traveler Protection Services:
Global Assist Hotline -- provides Cardmembers with access to an emergency referral service (24 hours a day, seven days a week) to local medical and legal providers, as well as relevant pre-trip information concerning passports, visas, etc., when traveling. Services include:
* Urgent Travel Arrangements -- helps Cardmembers make emergency travel arrangements as needed.
* Passport Replacement -- replaces a Cardmember’s lost passport and helps cancel all cards (American Express as well as other card issuers) and ensures the Cardmember will receive a new American Express Card within 24 hours in the U.S.
* Lost Luggage Assistance -- navigates the airline lost luggage process and keeps in contact with the Cardmember until luggage has been retrieved and delivered to the Cardmember’s hotel.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance -- provides Cardmembers with insurance coverage for damage to or theft of most rental vehicles when they reserve and pay for the auto rental with their eligible American Express Card.
The American Express Charge and Credit Card products include:
Charge Cards -- account balance is due in full each month.
- American Express Green Card
- Preferred Rewards Gold Card
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Gold Card
- One from American Express
- American Express Centurion Card
Credit Cards -- account balance is paid over time.
- Blue from American Express
- Blue Cash Card
- Blue Sky from American Express
- Clear from American Express
In addition to charge and credit cards, American Express also offers a number of co-brand Cards, including but not limited to the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card; the Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express; the Starwood Preferred Guest Card from American Express. The co-brand Cards offer some of the core benefits listed above, as well as a variety of special benefits specific to each Card.
Cardmembers of American Express can rely on having access to a broad array of rewards and unique experiences as well as world-class customer service. Each product offers a different level of travel, entertainment and lifestyle benefits.
American Express Company (www.americanexpress.com) is a leading global payments, network and travel company founded in 1850.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.