Allstate Advises Its Policyholders How to File Claims in the Wake of Hurricane Gustav
Advertising Effort Launched to Inform Affected Policyholders.
Allstate (NYSE: ALL) today advised policyholders whose homes and cars have been damaged by Hurricane Gustav that claims can be filed by calling 1-800-54-STORM or visiting Allstate.com. In addition Allstate has dispatched Mobile Response Units (MRU) - specially equipped, selfcontained motorhomes to help Allstate policyholders start the claims process from the field. These units have been dispatched from their pre-positioning locations in the Gulf Coast into the areas directly impacted by Hurricane Gustav. Allstate expects some of the MRUs to be set up, operational and ready to assist policyholders with claims in areas deemed safely accessible by civil authorities as early as Wednesday morning.
Allstate is running a series of advertisements in the affected areas on radio, television and in local newspapers to inform its policyholders of their options for filing claims. The company also is advising its policyholders to consider the following when returning to a home that may have been damaged by Hurricane Gustav:
* First and foremost, be safe. If your home has sustained serious structural damage, be extremely careful inside your home. Debris may be hazardous and the structure could be unstable.
* Make reasonable temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save the receipts for repairs as these expenses may be reimbursed as part of your homeowners policy. Call your Allstate agent if you have questions about your policy.
* If your home is not habitable, find out what additional living expenses your insurance policy may provide.
* Assist claims adjusters assigned to your claim by providing alternate contact numbers if necessary.
* Prepare to file an insurance claim by gathering all relevant policy numbers.
* Report possible claims to Allstate promptly. Be aware, if a widespread disaster has occurred, there may be damage to the local infrastructure causing telecommunications problems. Please continue your attempts to report your claim.
* To speed your claim process, inventory your home for damaged or lost items before your adjuster arrives.
For additional disaster-related information, contact your local Allstate agent, visit our catastrophe information center at www.allstate.com/catastrophe/hurricane or visit our YouTube ™ site at www.youtube.com/allstate. The sites contain useful information and tips on what to do before, during and after a catastrophe.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.