Oracle Buys ClearApp
Adds Leading Composite Application Management Solution to Oracle Enterprise Manager
Redwood Shores, CA
* Oracle has agreed to acquire ClearApp, a leading supplier of application management solutions for composite applications.
* ClearApp addresses the increasingly difficult task of managing composite applications built on SOA platforms by providing visibility of business services across all related application components.
* ClearApp products and Oracle Enterprise Manager are expected to provide customers with a comprehensive application management solution providing enhanced service levels, reduced system down-time and improved return on SOA investments.
* The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the second half of 2008. Until the deal closes, each Company will continue to operate independently.
* Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
o “As customers deploy more SOA-based applications, the task of effectively managing them becomes paramount,” said Leng Leng Tan, Oracle Vice President, Applications and Systems Management. “Oracle is focused on delivering the best solutions for managing such complex application environments by delivering solutions for end-user experience management, business services and application performance management, as well as application testing and quality management. With the addition of ClearApp’s technology to the Oracle Enterprise Manager product family, our customers are expected to get continuous and uninterrupted top-down views of their business services and applications, helping them maximize service availability while reducing IT operations costs.”
* This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract.
# # #
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.