Poor Haitian Village Boy Turned Success Guru & CEO in America Says Throw Away The New Year Resolutions...They Donít Work
Have you ever wondered why people abandon their New Year resolutions within the first three months of the year? A once sickly and diseased child in a tiny Haitian village turned CEO in America explains why you should never make them and what to do instead.
This man can tell you from experience how to get what you want. Hereís why: Rene Godefroy was once a poor boy in a tiny village in Haiti who entered the United States at age 21 by dangerously hanging between the rear tires of a tractor-trailer. Godefroy taught himself English and learned to read from fast-food restaurant menus.
Today, Godefroy is a CEO and one of the top motivational speakers in the country, sought after by such Fortune 500 companies as Coca-Cola, AT&T, and Charles Schwab. The City of Smyrna, Georgia even dedicated an entire day to him.
ďNew Year resolutions donít often work because they create too much pressure on us. They foster a short time perspective and lack of patience. When thereís tension and stress, our first tendency is to go back to where we feel comfortable.Ē Says Godefroy
As the author of an award-winning book Kick Your Excuses Goodbye http://www.kickyourexcuses.com , Godefroy offers the following advice to help you get whatever you want in 2006:
1. Set life goals and do something everyday that will move you closer to your goals.
2. Believe and be still. Do not rush the process. Donít try to change your entire life in the first two months of the year. That will create stress and frustrate you.
3. Trick your subconscious mind by changing the word resolution to commitment.
4. Never make a decision to change course at the end of the year. You donít want to join anyoneís parade. Have your own.
5. Decide to focus on one thing regardless of what others think or say. Donít be distracted by friends, the internet, television, and disguised urgencies.
6. Quit telling others and yourself your excuses. Do what you can now.
7. Create a mastermind group with like-minded individuals to help keep each other more accountable to your expected results.
These tips are directly related to the success Godefroy is enjoying in America. He is proof that itís time for everyone to start kicking their excuses goodbye.
- Contact Information
- Carla Kennedy
- Acorn Publicity
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.