Leading Research Firm Ranks Oracle as Leading RDBMS Software Vendor
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.
* According to market research firm Gartner, Oracle is the leading worldwide relational database management system (RDBMS) software vendor based on total software revenue for 2007.
* Gartner’s recent report, “Market Share: Relational Database Management System Software by Operating System, Worldwide, 2007,”(1) states that Oracle leads the 2007 worldwide RDBMS software segment with a share of 48.6 percent -- nearly 28 share points ahead of the nearest competitor.
* In 2007, Oracle’s RDBMS software revenues grew 14.9 percent -- higher than the industry average of 13.3 percent. The overall RDBMS software segment grew to $17 billion in 2007, Gartner reported.
* Oracle leads the worldwide RDBMS segment on Linux with 79 percent share for 2007.
* According to Gartner’s report, “despite the relative maturity of the RDBMS software market, organizations find that ongoing attention and investment continue to be a necessity because the RDBMS is fundamental to success in data-intensive initiatives such as corporate performance management (CPM), business intelligence (BI) and data warehousing.”(2)
* “Gartner’s findings show that Oracle is the industry’s most popular database by more than a two to one margin over its closest competitor,” said Willie Hardie, vice president of Database Product Marketing, Oracle. “Customers are turning to Oracle Database 11g to help them manage more data more efficiently and at a lower cost.”
* Thomas Kyte Blog
* Oracle Database Podcasts
* About Oracle Database 11g
* Download a free, evaluation version of Oracle Database 11g
* Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
* (1) Market Share: Relational Database Management System Software by Operating System, Worldwide, 2007 - Colleen Graham, Bhavish Sood, Horiuchi Hideaki, Dan Sommer - July 11, 2008
* (2) RDBMS Software Market Surpasses $17 Billion in 2007 � Colleen Graham � 25 July 2008
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.