Oracle Named A Leader in Enterprise Business Intelligence Platforms
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.
* According to a July 2008 report from independent analyst firm Forrester Research, Oracle is a leader in enterprise business intelligence (BI) platforms.
* “The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Business Intelligence Platforms, Q3 2008,” written by principal analyst Boris Evelson, states that “Oracle moves into the leadership category as it enriches its BI portfolio, and the company brings the best of its recently acquired technologies from Siebel and Hyperion into (Oracle Business Intelligence Suite) Enterprise Edition Plus.”
* The report also finds that “The BI suite includes a powerful BI Server with a ROLAP engine and enterprise information integration (EII) technology, qualifying Oracle’s BI suite as a heterogeneous, not just Oracle-centric, BI platform.”
* The Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation provides comprehensive BI and analytic capabilities based on category-leading products for OLAP, interactive dashboards, ad hoc analysis, proactive detection and alerts, advanced reporting and publishing, mobile analytics, desktop gadgets, and more. The software’s hot-pluggable design enables organizations to take advantage of existing Oracle and non-Oracle data sources and applications, including SAP. The Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation, consisting of Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Real-Time Decisions, is the technical foundation for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System, including prebuilt Oracle BI Applications.
* “Forrester’s Wave reflects the experience of thousands of Oracle BI customers,” said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle Business Intelligence. “Oracle BI is ideal for enterprise BI consolidation whether in Oracle, non-Oracle or mixed environments. For Oracle customers, the integration of Oracle BI with Oracle Applications, Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware helps to deliver rapid deployments and low total cost of ownership to enable pervasive BI across an enterprise. Furthermore, Oracle BI is a foundation component of Oracle Enterprise Performance Management, which helps organizations extend operational excellence and achieve management excellence.”
* Pervasive Business Intelligence podcast
* About Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation
* Forrester Wave: Enterprise Business Intelligence Platforms, Q3 2008 (July 31, 2008)
* Award for Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus
* Download free, evaluation versions of Oracle Software
* Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.