Office for Mac: A Suite Deal on Student Productivity Tools
Students can save up to 30 percent on a purchase of Office 2008 for Mac today.
REDMOND, Wash. — Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac is packed with easy-to-find tools and features that aid in every aspect of the learning process for all students. The new suite allows students to create great-looking reports and presentations with ease as well as study tools to use on an iPod or iPhone. Several aspects of everyday coursework can cause stress for students, however, a recent education-based study* shows how Office 2008 for Mac can simplify students’ work.
• Fact: Today, nearly half of all college students in the United States use both a Mac and a PC to complete their schoolwork, and a majority of students feel it’s important to be able to share and edit documents on both platforms.
• Simplified with Office for Mac. The new suite addresses students’ need to confidently share Office documents that are the same on either platform. Office 2008 and the 2007 Microsoft Office system share core technologies, including Office Open XML-based file formats and OfficeArt.
• Fact: More than 75 percent of surveyed college students agree that writing a bibliography is a tedious and painful process.
• Simplified with Office for Mac. Users can easily create and update citations to meet their needs by moving from Associated Press style to MLA style with the click of a button in Word 2008 for Mac.
• Fact: The majority of college students agree that at times their hands get physically sore from taking extensive class notes.
• Simplified with Office for Mac. In Word 2008, audio recording lets students put down their pens and record lectures to ensure they catch every word. The audible notes can even be exported to students’ iPods, enabling on-the-go studying. And the Notebook Layout View lets students organize notes based on individual learning styles, providing access to customized backgrounds and color-coded tabs.
It’s a Simple Equation: Buy Today and Save
Office 2008 for Mac is available for up to 30 percent off with the purchase of any Mac at Apple resellers now through Sept. 8, 2008. A full list of participating Apple resellers is available by going to http://www.microsoft.com/mac/promotions/default.mspx and clicking on a “Save Now” link. In addition, many schools have volume licensing agreements with Microsoft Corp. and are able to provide discounted licenses of Microsoft software for student use. To learn more about academic pricing and software availability, students should contact their school’s bookstore or visit http://www.microsoft.com/education/howtobuystudents.mspx for special pricing.
AboutMicrosoft Macintosh Business Unit
The Macintosh Business Unit at Microsoft is a leading developer of software and online products for the Macintosh platform. The group of more than 200 full-time Mac product experts is dedicated to creating innovative software for Mac customers worldwide. For almost 25 years, Microsoft has developed award-winning software for the Mac. In January 2008, the Mac BU released Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, a productivity suite that includes the e-mail application and personal information manager Entourage 2008, Word 2008, Excel 2008, PowerPoint 2008 and Messenger for Mac 7.0. More information about the Mac BU and Microsoft Macintosh products is available at http://www.microsoft.com/mac.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.