Oracle Unveils Comprehensive Identity Management Suite
Oracle® Identity and Access Management Suite Delivers Best-in-Class Security Technologies.
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., 20-DEC-2005 Oracle today announced general availability of the Oracle(r) Identity and Access Management Suite, a comprehensive, integrated portfolio of products that protect applications, critical systems and data from unauthorized access.
As part of Oracle’s commitment to information security, the company has focused on rapidly building out a best-in-class identity management suite for heterogeneous IT environments. The culmination, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite, spans a multitude of home-grown and acquired technologies including: web access control, identity administration, user provisioning, federated identity management, directory services, including virtual directory technologies and enterprise-wide user provisioning. Today, customers and partners can leverage the Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite in its entirety or deploy individual components of the suite to meet their unique needs.
“Over the past nine months Oracle has demonstrated a serious commitment to providing a strong technical solution for the identity and access management needs of both Oracle customers and the general market,” said Phil Schacter, vice president and service director, Burton Group. “The new Identity and Access Management Suite assembles the component technologies into a package that is easier for customers to understand and invest in.”
Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite is comprised of the following:
* Oracle COREid Access and Identity, provides web single sign-on, policy based authentication, password administration, delegated user and group administration, user self-service and reporting;
* Oracle Xellerate Identity Provisioning, a powerful and flexible cross-enterprise provisioning system that automatically manages users’ access privileges within heterogeneous enterprise IT resources, via a state-aware workflow engine, and with support for role- and rule-based access determination, in response to routine business events. As an additional option, the solution provides a broad portfolio of Identity Provisioning, Reconciliation and Synchronization connectors for operating systems, databases, directories and applications from Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Sun, IBM, etc.;
* Oracle COREid Federation, an identity federation server that provides cross-domain single sign-on and allows organizations to securely link their business partners into corporate portals or extranets while improving their ability to address increasing compliance and privacy regulations;
* Oracle Virtual Directory, provides LDAP transformation, proxy and routing capabilities for enterprise identity information found in directories and databases without synchronizing or moving data from its native locations. This accelerates the deployment of applications and helps reduce costs by eliminating the need to constantly adapt applications as user populations are added, changed, or removed;
* Oracle Internet Directory, a highly scalable user repository for simplifying user administration in the Oracle environment and providing a standards-based LDAP directory for the heterogeneous enterprise.
“Oracle has made it easier than ever for customers and partners to take advantage of the latest developments in identity management to mitigate security risk and facilitate auditable regulatory compliance,” said Hasan Rizvi, vice president, Oracle Identity Management development, Oracle. “With the new Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite, Oracle provides customers the opportunity to implement a comprehensive best-in-class identity management suite or to deploy specific components of the suite.”
For more information about Oracle Identity Management please visit: www.oracle.com/identity.
# # #
Oracle, JD Edwards, and PeopleSoft are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Rebecca Hahn
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.