Oracle Buys Global Knowledge Software
Strengthens Oracle’s end-user training solutions to provide just-in-time, web-based training support across the enterprise
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. 31-JUL-2008 05:00 AM
* Oracle today announced that it has agreed to acquire Global Knowledge Software LLC (GKS), a division of Global Knowledge, Inc.
* GKS is a leading provider of self-service training automation software.
* GKS products improve end-user competency using enterprise applications through simulated transactional training and testing, as well as auto-generated step-by-step instructions.
* GKS is a longtime Oracle partner. GKS’s Personal Navigator product is resold as a core component of Oracle’s User Productivity Kit (UPK) offering, currently deployed at more than 2,000 Oracle customers.
* GKS products are complementary to Oracle Tutor, Oracle’s role based process documentation and training software.
* The combination of GKS products, Oracle Tutor, and Oracle’s learning management software iLearning and eLearning, is expected to provide customers a comprehensive, end-to-end enterprise solution for creating and deploying business process documentation, interactive system training, and just-in-time embedded support for all applications across their enterprise.
* Oracle intends to form a global sales unit to expand the focus on non-Oracle applications utilizing GKS products, extending Oracle’s software training offering across the enterprise.
* The transaction is expected to close in the third calendar quarter of 2008. Until the deal closes, each company will continue to operate independently. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
* “Our customers are looking for a consistent, cost effective training solution across the enterprise to speed software adoption by end-users,” said Ed Abbo, Senior Vice President of Oracle Application Development. “With this acquisition, customers will have access to a single technology for end-user training and process documentation that spans applications across their enterprise.”
* “With the advent of self-service applications and limited time and budgets for classroom-based training, organizations need to provide more efficient training on relevant job role processes and applications,” said Kevin C. Riley, President of Global Knowledge Software LLC. “We are excited that Oracle is adding GKS’s training software to Oracle’s product family.”
* “The combination with Oracle is the culmination of a successful, long-standing relationship,” said Joseph W. Cece, CEO of Global Knowledge, Inc.
# # #
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.