Cisco To Host PCI/Data Security Roundtable Discussion - via Live Internet TV - Segment Will Include Expert Input from Healthcare and Retail Information/Security Executives
What: On July 30, 2008, Cisco and two senior information/security executives from the retail and healthcare industries will host a live, interactive Internet TV broadcast to discuss an urgent data security compliance requirement impacting both key markets - the recently enacted Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and the protection of confidential consumer/patient information.
The data security roundtable discussion will examine:
* The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standard: Clarity around its role in providing direction on how to safeguard consumer/patient financial and demographic information across the retail and healthcare markets
* The Promise: PCI’s (and other data security initiatives) role in curbing fraud, identity theft, data leakage, etc.
* The Reality: Real PCI/data security challenges companies are facing and how they affect consumers/patients
* Other data security drivers influencing retail and healthcare organizations, including federal legislation
* The Lessons: Real-life data security experiences in Healthcare and Retail that that companies can learn from
* The Best Practices: Guidance from CIOs on how to approach PCI/data security and achieve compliance and ensure appropriate data security safeguards are in place
* The Future: The future role data security will play in the retail and healthcare markets
* Live, interactive Q&A session
* Dr. John Halamka, CIO of Harvard Medical School, CIO Care Group Health System
* Carrie Peters, vice president of information technology, Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Corporation
* Ed Jimenez, director of retail market solutions, Cisco
* Frances Dare, director, healthcare practice, Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG), Cisco
* Host: Terri Quinn-Andry, senior manager of PCI solutions, Cisco
When: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 - 12:00 EST
Where: The broadcast can be accessed at the URL below. Attendees should go to this URL on July 30 at 8:00 a.m. PST and select “Play” to launch the live presentation.
Technical Assistance: Attendees who experience difficulties connecting can contact support at 1 866 614 0208 or 617 778 9652. Phone support is available 30 minutes prior to and after the event, as well as during the videocast. Attendees may also submit an Online Support Request to CiscoTV_help@external.cisco.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if necessary.
How: To schedule press interviews after the broadcast, please email Chris Barker, email@example.com, or call 206 256 3067.
To schedule analyst interviews after the broadcast, please contact Laura Irwin, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408 853 8876.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.