Sony Electronics Helps Students Prepare For Back To School With New In-Store Backstage Service Offerings
SAN DIEGO – July 28, 2008 – Sony Electronics is helping students prepare for the upcoming school year with its expanded Backstage(SM) service program including VAIO® PC workshops and one-on-one computer training sessions available through select Sony Style® stores.
Having the right technology and know-how at your fingertips is essential for completing school assignments, performing research, writing school papers, and enjoying the social aspects of college. Backstage service, located in select Sony Style stores throughout the U.S., is offering students an opportunity to sit down with a trained VAIO PC service agent to learn how to get the most out of their VAIO PC for school work or play. Backstage agents are hosting two free workshop events for students thinking about buying a VAIO PC or who already own a VAIO PC. These evening workshops will get students and parents up to speed on the latest features and functions of the new VAIO PC series including the SR, NR and FW. Workshops will be held in participating Sony Style stores July 31 and Aug. 12 from 7 to 9 p.m..
In addition to providing in-store service for Sony® VAIO products, Backstage service is expanding its service offerings to support repair facilitation of digital imaging products like Cyber-shot® cameras and Handycam® camcorders, as well as portable devices, such as Walkman® MP3 players and audio/video products.
“Backstage service is a natural extension of the focus on education, technical expertise and service we provide at Sony Style stores and we’re excited to be able to expand the service to all of our portable products,” said Scott Strother, a Sony Style vice president.
Additional new Backstage service offerings include the Backstage Pass™ Program. The program, launching July 28, gives consumers a bundle of personalized in-store VAIO PC services and expedited repair facilitation for other Sony products, for a flat fee of $129.99 per year. Services include PC set-up, PC maintenance, and support and premium repair support. For a complete list of Backstage services and locations, visit www.sonystyle.com/backstage.
By Fall 2008, all 42 Sony Style stores will be equipped with Backstage services. Currently 20 stores offer the service including:
* Sony Plaza – New York, N.Y.
* South Coast Plaza – Costa Mesa, Calif.
* Beverly Center Mall – Los Angeles, Calif.
* Copley Place – Boston, Mass.
* Garden State Plaza – Paramus, N.J.
* Fashion Square – Scottsdale, Ariz.
* The Forum Shops – Las Vegas, Nev.
* Westchester Mall – White Plains, N.Y.
* Fashion Valley Mall – San Diego, Calif.
* Providence Place – Providence, R.I.
* Menlo Park Mall – Edison, N.J.
* Topanga Mall – Canoga Park, Calif.
* Lennox Square – Atlanta, Ga.
* Roosevelt Field Mall – Garden City, N.Y.
* Burlington Mall – Burlington, Mass.
* Washington Square – Portland, Ore.
* University Village – Seattle, Wash.
* Stanford Shopping Center – Palo Alto, Calif.
* Valley Fair – Santa Clara, Calif.
* Easton Town Center – Columbus, Ohio
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.