Dell Takes On Blade Workstations with Dell Precision R5400
* Rack workstation can offer greater flexibility, performance than blade workstations
* Dell Offers Leading-Edge PC-Over-IP Remote Access
Dell is taking on blade workstations with the Dell Precision R5400 rack workstation. The company also announced the Dell FX100 remote access solution with hardware based encryption and compression that doesn’t compromise system performance. The Dell Precision R5400 starts at $1,869 and the FX100 solution is $800. More information can be found at www.dell.com/precision.
The Dell Precision R5400 rack workstation helps customers protect their data by placing applications and data in a secure central location or data center. Customers can also remove system-generated heat and noise from spaces like financial trading floors. The offering can allow customers greater flexibility in system configuration versus blade workstations. Features include:
* Dual- and quad-core IntelTM Xeon® processors.
* Support for up to two PCI-e x16 OpenGL graphics cards with dual 150 Watt slots on the motherboard
* Additional support for PCI and PCIx
* Simple installation and management that allows customers to “power and go” without the complexities of blade infrastructures enclosures and redundant power supplies, while supporting standard systems management tools
The Dell FX100 is designed to enable hardware-based encryption, compression, decompression and decryption, also known as PC-over-IP. The combination host card and remote portal device connect the Dell Precision R5400 workstation to a remote user and their peripherals – displays, keyboard, mouse, audio and USB devices such as printers. The solution can allow users to access applications and data in a secure manner, across the network with outstanding performance.
“The combination of the Dell Precision R5400 rack workstation and the FX100 is a leading edge solution from the world’s leading workstation vendor, “said Antonio Julio, director, Dell Product Group. “By not putting the solution on a blade, we were able to add more functionality and high performance OpenGL l graphics cards, to achieve the caliber of performance workstation customers want.”
Dell’s R5400 rack workstation complements all other Dell Precision workstations and delivers on the core values of performance, application focus, scalability, optimized solutions and managed for business.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.