HP Helps Customers Manage Business Growth with Compact, Shipped-to-order Data Centers
HP today announced a container-based data center offering that enables customers around the globe to rapidly expand their data center capacity in support of their IT and business growth.
Keeping pace with the demands of technology growth in the data center and rising energy costs is a constant challenge as companies seek to deploy the latest technologies. The extended time and significant costs required to update or expand data centers make these challenges even more complex.
As the first offering of its kind designed specifically to deliver a wide range of industry-standard technology, the HP Performance-Optimized Data Center (HP POD) addresses these challenges by:
* Supporting a wide variety of HP and third-party technology, providing customers with more freedom to match their technology environments.
* Providing customers with more density than competitive offerings by supporting more than 3,500 compute nodes, or 12,000 large-form-factor hard drives, in a 40-foot shipping container.
* Delivering the equivalent of 4,000-plus square feet of typical data center capacity that ships within six weeks of the customer’s order.
* Offering flexible configurations optimized for power or density, which enables customers to quickly upgrade or extend the capacity of their physical infrastructures to meet their specific business needs.
* Providing HP POD Infrastructure Services, including assessment, preparation and deployment services, as well as data center design and planning through EYP Mission Critical Facilities, a company of HP.
“Customers have more flexibility to balance their capital expenditures and operating expenses while quickly and seamlessly meeting their needs for additional capacity with HP PODs,” said Christine Martino, vice president and general manager, Scalable Computing and Infrastructure Organization, HP. “HP’s innovative POD approach allows customers to deploy world-class, scalable, highly power-efficient data center resources quickly and ships in just six weeks.”
Learn more about HP PODs
HP PODs are built to order and delivered through HP Factory Express, HP’s customization, configuration and integration services organization. HP PODs can deliver a wide range of servers, storage and networking equipment, ready to power on at the customer’s site.
* More information about the HP POD products, software and services is available at www.hp.com/products/pod.
* An HP POD virtual video tour is available at www.hp.com/go/pod.
* Behind-the-scenes commentary from the HP POD design team is available on the new Server Reality Check blog www.communities.hp.com/online/blogs/reality-check-server-insights/default.aspx.
* Additional information about HP’s scalable computing and cloud infrastructure portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/massivescaleout.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.