Corel Unveils Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite X4
Newest edition of award-winning suite unmatched by any other technical graphics suite
OTTAWA - July 2008
Corel Corporation (NASDAQ: CREL; TSX: CRE), a leading developer of graphics, productivity and digital media software, today unveiled Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite X4, the latest version of the company’s award-winning technical graphics software. Created specifically to address the technical illustration workflow, the suite enables users to create technical documentation, instructional manuals, maintenance references and technical diagrams with exceptional precision and speed. Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 is now available in English, French, and German.
Unmatched by any other technical graphics package, Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 provides industry-leading file compatibility, including 3D design formats and AutoCAD® DWG and DXF™, while delivering award-winning precision tools for illustration, bitmap-to-vector tracing, and professional photo editing. This comprehensive suite also offers an optimized workflow, multi-language support, and easy network deployment, making it the trusted choice of companies known worldwide for technical design excellence.
“Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 was developed with the needs of technical illustrators in mind. The integration of professional illustration, photo editing, and bitmap-to-vector conversion tools in one package provides technical illustrators with the most comprehensive solution for completing complex projects with greater precision and efficiency,” said Klaus Vossen, Product Manager for Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite.
Customers Benefit from Intuitive Tools and Precision Controls
Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 continues to offer the industry’s most complete and affordable technical graphics package. The latest version of the award-winning suite includes Corel DESIGNER X4 for precise technical illustration and layout; CorelPHOTO-PAINT® X4 for professional image editing; Corel® PowerTRACE™ X4 to convert bitmaps and legacy paper documents into vector graphics; Right Hemisphere® Deep Exploration™ 5.5 CSE to convert 3D CAD models into accurate 2D graphics; and Corel CAPTURE™ X4 to create screen captures, an integral component of many technical documents.
In addition to these core applications, Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 offers more than 80 new and enhanced features designed to streamline the creation of technical illustrations. With intuitive diagramming tools, and professional photo-editing, Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 offers features unmatched by those in any other technical graphics package.
Access Technical Design Assets
* Access 3D CAD data directly with the new, integrated 3D CAD import application
* Quickly unlock data in legacy blueprints by using centerline tracing in the new Corel PowerTRACE
* Leverage RAW camera files from more than 300 camera models with interactive controls to preview adjustments in real time
* Enjoy seamless compatibility with commonly-used and industry-standard file formats, including new and enhanced support for AutoCAD® DWG and DXF, PDF 1.7, PDF/A, as well as Microsoft® Office Publisher and JPEG 2000
* Take advantage of the enhanced Windows Vista® integration to easily organize projects and search for files
Create Better Technical Diagrams
* Communicate more effectively with clearer visual pieces created with new and enhanced diagramming tools
* Import the latest Microsoft® Visio® formats to ease collaboration with colleagues and clients
Streamline the Technical Illustration Workflow
* New technical drawing tools make it easier to identify curves and connector lines and add precision and clarity to illustrations
* Create custom dimensions and dimension styles with advanced control for clearly readable illustrations
* Draw, size, and rotate shapes and lines with precision using the Object Coordinates docker
Discover Advanced Image-Editing Features
* Achieve professional-quality color and tone correction with the new Image Adjustment Lab
* Gain control, improve accuracy, and simplify the process when cutting out image areas with the enhanced Cutout Lab
* Preview image-editing changes in real-time by using histogram feedback available with more features than ever before
In addition to the key applications, Corel DESIGNER X4, Corel PHOTO-PAINT X4, Corel PowerTRACE X4, Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration 5.5 CSE, and Corel CAPTURE X4, Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 includes: Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications 6.4; barcode and duplexing wizards, ANSI, DIN, ISO, engineering and architectural templates; and comprehensive symbol libraries containing over 4000 manufacturing, electrical, and architectural symbols.
Pricing and Availability
Suggested retail pricing for Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 is $999 USD for full product and$499 USD for the upgrade. Starting today, customers can download the free multi-lingual (English, German and French) trial version from www.corel.com/designer.
© 2008 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, CorelDRAW, Paint Shop Pro, Painter, Corel DESIGNER, WordPerfect, WinZip, iGrafx, InterVideo, WinDVD, Ulead, and the Corel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.