AT&T to Deliver a New World of Integrated Communications and Entertainment Services in 2006
Company to Highlight Digital Lifestyle Technologies at International Consumer Electronics Show
San Antonio, Texas, December 15, 2005, AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) today announced that many of the integrated communications and entertainment solutions it plans to introduce in 2006 will be on exhibit at the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January.
“Our growing portfolio of consumer offerings reflects our commitment to delivering the latest in integrated communications and entertainment,” said Scott Helbing, chief marketing officer, AT&T Consumer. “In the new year, we plan to introduce a number of innovative solutions, which will provide great new values and choices to our customers and help them experience the digital lifestyle.”
The AT&T exhibit at CES will showcase a combination of the latest and soon-to-be-introduced integrated AT&T consumer products and services, including new calling features designed to deliver enhanced, wireless- and PC-like capabilities to consumers’ landline connections. The company is planning a line of new network-based services, which will blur the line between landline and wireless phones, changing the way consumers think about and use their home-based landline services. New services that will be on display include:
* AT&T P2P/POTS Phone. This landline phone will allows users to make regular landline calls via an AT&T local phone line or PC-to-PC VoIP calls using Yahoo!® Messenger with Voice and SBC Yahoo! DSL. The cordless handset includes a color screen that provides access to the user’s SBC Yahoo! Address Book and SBC Yahoo! Messenger. Consumers will be able to text message from the handset to other Yahoo! Messenger users, as well as access other personalized Yahoo! content, such as stock quotes.
In addition to showcasing the new integrated phone offer, AT&T companies will provide updated previews of the following innovative communications and entertainment offerings planned for next year:
* AT&T U-verse TVSM, a next-generation Internet-Protocol (IP)-based video entertainment experience.
* AT&T Homezone , an innovative, integrated, next-generation home entertainment service that brings together digital satellite entertainment and computer-based photos and music with broadband. Consumers will have access to satellite TV programming, high-definition and/or standard-definition digital videorecording, Caller ID on the TV, movies on demand, as well as photo-sharing and music from Yahoo! through an award-winning new set-top box.
AT&T companies also feature the following services, which are available to customers:
* AT&T CallVantage® Service combines the power of voice, a home phone, and high-speed broadband service and (where available) includes local, long distance, and international calling and popular features, such as Do Not Disturb, Locate Me and Call Filtering. With AT&T CallVantage Service, consumers realize savings, convenience and feature-rich innovations.
* Unified Communications. This advanced voice mail service provides an integrated wireline — wireless mailbox with Cingular Wireless, as well as Web access to voice mails.
* AT&T Blue Room. Visiting this site (http://blueroom.sbc.com), consumers have access to exclusive music content, in-studio interviews, live performances and unedited commentary of chart-topping artists. Each week, visitors are treated to fresh new content — the biggest names in rock, alternative rock, country and adult contemporary music.
Attendees of the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show will experience these AT&T offerings firsthand at the AT&T CES exhibit, which is located in South Hall 4 of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth Nos. 31578 and 31778.
*With the close of its acquisition of AT&T Corp., SBC companies are currently making the necessary legal and regulatory filings required to offer products and services under the new AT&T brand.
About the New AT&T
AT&T Inc. is one of the world’s largest telecommunications holding companies and is the largest in the United States. Operating globally under the AT&T brand, AT&T companies are recognized as the leading worldwide providers of IP-based communications services to business and as leading U.S. providers of high-speed DSL Internet, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services. AT&T Inc. holds a 60 percent ownership interest in Cingular Wireless, which is the No. 1 U.S. wireless services provider with more than 52 million wireless customers. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and AT&T products and services is available at www.TheNewATT.com. Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logo are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Ashley Blaker
- AT&T Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.