Oracle Reduces Risk of Change for All Customers
In Response to Customer Demand, Oracle Real Application Testing Now Supports Earlier Releases of Oracle Database to Help Mitigate Risks Associated with System Changes
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. - To help organizations more readily institute hardware and software changes to their Oracle(r) Database systems, including upgrades to Oracle Database 11g, Oracle today announced that Oracle Real Application Testing now features support for all releases of Oracle Database 10g, and Oracle9i Database Release 2.
* Oracle Real Application Testing allows organizations to undertake database and operating system upgrades as well as make hardware and system changes to meet the needs of the business while reducing the cost and risk of change.
* Specifically, Oracle Real Application Testing facilitates the testing and validation of system changes by recording a workload from a production system and replaying with all of its original characteristics such as timing, concurrency, and transaction dependencies, on another system for testing purposes.
* The software also analyzes the impact of a change on application performance by identifying degraded SQL statements and advising how to remediate them.
* This two-fold approach enables rigorous testing of changes and helps organizations improve quality of service while reducing the time, risk and cost of testing such changes. Oracle Real Application Testing reduces the cost of testing and quality assurance by eliminating the need for extra hardware and third-party software as well as by reducing testing time from weeks down to days.
* Oracle Real Application Testing is a key component of Oracle’s comprehensive application quality management solutions, helping organizations address testing needs for the entire application environment encompassing packaged and custom SOA applications, middleware, database, and underlying infrastructure. These solutions offer strong synthetic load testing, real-workload testing, functional testing and comprehensive test management capabilities.
* An option to Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, Oracle Real Application Testing is priced at $11,500 per processor or $230 per named user.
* “We’ve had our eye on upgrading to Oracle Database 11g,” said Arup Nanda, Senior Director, Database Engineering and Architecture, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. “The availability of Oracle Real Application Testing for Oracle Database 10g and Oracle9i Database, which our applications run on, is key to accelerating our migration of those mission critical applications to Oracle Database 11g in an efficient manner.”
* “Being able to adapt to change is a strategic imperative for all successful businesses, whether done by companies that pursue major transformational change or by those that undertake successive incremental changes,” said David Mitchell, SVP IT Research, Ovum.
* “Testing and implementing significant new capabilities in an IT environment can take months as IT staffs grapple with reproducing their production environments,” said William Hardie, vice president of Database Product Marketing, Oracle. “Oracle Real Application Testing enables IT staff to help test changes against real-life conditions and fine-tune changes before they go live�speeding deployments to two weeks or less in some cases. In response to customer demand, we’re extending Oracle Real Application Testing to earlier releases of Oracle Database -- which will help to further drive the adoption of Oracle Database 11g.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.