Ken Reich On L A Times Bias Covering The Israeli - Palestinian Conflict: Full Disclosure Network® Internet Video (27 min):
Los Angeles, CA The Full Disclosure Network® is re-releasing part one of a two-part interview with noted journalist, Ken Reich a long time staff writer with the Los Angeles Times, who passed away on Monday, June 30, 2008. This part-one of the 2002 interview covers the issue of bias in the Times coverage of the Israeli—Palestinian conflict and was originally featured on 45 cable television systems but is now being made available for the first time on the Internet at the following URL: http://www.fulldisclosure.net/Programs/337.php
Ken Reich first joined the Los Angeles Times staff in 1965, and during his 39 year career he served as a general assignment reporter, a political writer, a lead Olympics writer, Atlanta Bureau Chief and even Editor of the Op Ed page. He started out covering the Presidential campaigns of Eugene McCarthy and George Wallace, and went on to cover Jimmy Carter’s campaign in 1976. He had a distinguished academic career and travelled extensively to the Far East, India, Oman, Baharan, and United Arab Emirates. He visited 79 countries throughout the world.
Ken Reich appeared on numerous Full Disclosure® programs to defend and explain how the Los Angeles Times covers some of the most important issues of the day.
Here are few of the questions fielded by Ken Reich in this program.
* Are reporters required to have knowledge of the people and the area they are covering?
* When assigning a reporter to cover the Holy Land, who decides what they should cover? Are their stories scrutinized for choice of words, coloring of the article?
* How is it a Times reporter refers to a “suicide bomber” while administration officials refer to the same incident as a “homicide bomber”?
* Is there a need to have “equal” coverage to the Palestinian point of view?
* How is the Jewish community receiving the Times coverage of the conflict?
Since 1992 the Full Disclosure Network® has been produced by Emmy Award winning host Leslie Dutton and Producer T. J. Johnston. In 2002 the Full Disclosure® special series “L. A.’s War Against Terrorism” was recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences with a local Emmy Award for a public affairs, informational series. Channels and airtimes can be found on the website.
- Contact Information
- Leslie Dutton
- Full Disclosure Network (R)
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.