GAP Partners With Renowned Paris Boutique Colette To Create ‘Colette X Gap’: September 6th - October 5th, 2008
New York City – June 2008 – Gap has commissioned renowned Paris boutique colette to create a special one-month installation in Gap’s rotating concept store adjacent to the New York City flagship store at 54th and 5th Avenue. The colette x GAP store will be open from September 6 through October 5, 2008. This exciting endeavor marks the first colette store in the United States, making the brand’s sought-after items available to U.S. consumers for the first time ever. Similar to the Parisian store, colette x GAP store will offer a mix of hard-to-find products from around the world and cater to an ever-evolving mix of genres and tastes alike.
colette x GAP is the latest collection to be housed in the Gap concept store. Over the past year, the space has showcased a variety of collaborations, including Gap initiatives with Mulberry, renowned designer Pierre Hardy, and the celebrated white shirt collections completed in partnership with Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Many of these collaborations have also been sold at the original colette store in the past, and now Gap looks forward to welcoming colette, for one month only, with new products every week, just like in Paris. Likewise, Colette in Paris will offer the limited edition colette x GAP products in colette’s Paris store for one month beginning August 25th.
Clientele consider colette to be a visionary meeting point, an establishment that accommodates new labels, exclusive limited-edition products and high-quality brands, from both past and present. Replicating colette’s Paris store concept, colette x GAP will feature a combination of unique and sought-after colette products, otherwise unavailable in New York City, along with items created especially for colette x GAP. These exclusive products – ranging from stationary to exclusive pieces of art – will be available to customers at a wide range of price points.
Says Marka Hansen, President of Gap North America, “colette’s clever, unexpected editing and always exciting in-store presentations make a visit to the store an essential part of every trip to Paris. Our goal at colette x GAP is to celebrate the best in fashion and culture, while surprising and engaging our customers, so the fit is perfect.”
Sarah, colette’s Buyer and Creative Director, comments “It’s a wonderful experience to collaborate with Gap for a temporary shop in uptown New York City, a cult environment for retail. We’ll do our best to delight visitors. It’s a special challenge for us, happening simultaneously as we re-invent our unique Paris address.”
Open from September 6th – October 5th, 2008, products will include (but are not limited to):
- Signature colette items: candles, room fragrance, musc oil, CD, artist editions, etc
- Limited edition colette collaborations: Oakley sunglasses, Starter jacket, Uslu Airlines nail polish, Le Labo fragrance Vanilla 44, Domestic vinyl stickers, Hello Kitty watch, Asics’s Tiger sneakers, etc.
- Limited edition Gap tees with prints by Paris Vs New York artists
- Exclusive products by designers invited by colette to transform Gap iconic items and materials: trench painted by famous artist André, French artisan Anne-Marie Herckes featuring miniature versions of Gap classics, denim jackets customized by Olympia Le Tan, Andrea Crews’s mixed tees, Repetto BB shoes or Alexis Mabille bow bag in classic heather grey jersey, etc
- Souvenir products by Kuntzel + Deygas who’ll create the visual identity for colette x GAP as well as the videos featured in the shop
This range of colette x GAP products will simultaneously go on sale in colette’s newly refurbished Paris store, as part of its re-opening plans, on 25 August, 2008.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.