Award-Winning Television Programming Now Available on the iTunes Store in Australia
Hit Shows from Australia’s Top Networks & Favorites from the US Now Available on iTunes
SYDNEY.—Apple® today announced that television programming from Australia’s top networks including the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Seven Network and Nine Network, along with US-produced programs from The Walt Disney Company’s ABC Studios, Disney Channel and MTV Networks, is now available on the iTunes® Store in Australia (www.itunes.com/au). iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of television shows including the Logie Award-winning “Summer Heights High” and “McLeod’s Daughters,” the top-rated drama “Sea Patrol,” as well as favorites from the US including “Lost,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and “The Hills.”
“We’re thrilled to bring television programming to the iTunes Store in Australia,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “We’re off to a great start with shows from Australia’s top networks combined with favorites from the US, which customers in Australia will love being able to watch on their computer, iPod or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV.”
Television shows are priced at A$2.99 per episode on the iTunes Store in Australia. Television shows now available are:
* Disney-owned production company ABC Studios programs airing on Seven Network including “Desperate Housewives,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Lost” and “Scrubs;”
* Australian Broadcasting Corporation programs “Summer Heights High,” “We Can Be Heroes,” “Double the Fist,” “Foreign Correspondent Postcards,” “Sleek Geeks” and “Surfing the Menu;”
* Disney Channel’s kid and tween sensation “Hannah Montana,” “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” and “Cory in the House;”
* Nine Network programs “Canal Road,” “McLeod’s Daughters,” “Sea Patrol” and “Urban Magic;” and
* MTV Networks’ “Blue’s Clues,” “The Hills,” “Laguna Beach,” “My Super Sweet Sixteen,” “South Park” and “Pimp My Ride.”
With Apple’s legendary ease of use, pioneering features such as integrated podcasting support, iMix playlist sharing, seamless integration with iPod® and the ability to turn previously purchased songs into completed albums at a reduced price, the iTunes Store is the best way for Mac® and PC users to legally discover, purchase and download music and video online.
Pricing & Availability iTunes 7.6 for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Store and is available as a free download from (www.itunes.com/au). Purchase and download of songs and videos from the iTunes Store requires a valid credit card from a financial institution in the country of purchase. Television shows are available in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, France and Australia, and video availability varies by country. Television shows are A$2.99 per episode in Australia. TV shows from the iTunes Store can be viewed on a Mac or PC, iPod nano with video, fifth generation iPod, iPod classic, iPod touch or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV®.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.