Motorola Launches New Family of xDSL Voice Gateways
Gateways provide single device to integrate multiple communications functions
NXTcomm – LAS VEGAS . – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today introduced a new family of xDSL voice integrated access device (IAD) gateways to accelerate the delivery of personal media experiences by enabling service providers to offer high-speed Internet, voice-over-IP, wired and wireless home networking, and high-definition IPTV services in one device. The Motorola Netopia® gateways also provide simplified installation and enhanced security.
“Consumers today want a single device to integrate multiple functions – from voice to Internet access to home networking – and they want it to be easy to install, use and troubleshoot,” said Alan Lefkof, corporate vice president and general manager, Broadband Solutions Group, Motorola, Inc. “Our new gateways enable carriers to offer their DSL customers a single device that addresses multiple communication requirements and eliminates the need for additional routers, hubs, and wireless access points, further enabling consumers to access their personalized content when, where, and how they want it.”
The Motorola Netopia gateways also offer centralized remote voice provisioning, troubleshooting and management through Motorola’s NBBS device management platform. The platform provides carriers with the service assurance needed to deploy advanced services, such as IPTV, and optimize their networks with confidence.
The family of voice gateway solutions includes:
* Netopia 7000 Series VDSL2 voice gateways (models 7347-44 & 7357-44) – VDSL2 triple play voice gateways for high-speed ultra-broadband networks;
* Netopia 2200 Series ADSL2+ voice gateways (model 2247-42) – ADSL2+ triple play voice gateways for entry level residential or SOHO ultra-broadband networks; and
* Netopia 3300 Series ADSL2+ voice gateways (models 3347-42) – ADSL2+ triple play voice gateways for high-performance ultra-broadband networks.
A triple-play platform, additional features of the voice integrated xDSL gateways include:
* Throughput and granular bandwidth management – Allows operators to support concurrent data, voice and video services delivery in one platform
* Carrier class voice quality – Wide range of CLASS phone services like caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, 3-way conference, call hold, call transfer, etc.
* Extensive voice RFC compliance – Provides the operator with extra flexibility when it comes to choosing a Softswitch or an IMS solution, making it easier to adapt to new voice services
* Redundant connectivity – Provides lifeline PSTN capabilities, providing deployment flexibility primary or secondary voice line services
* Remote management – Supports full TR-069 remote management with a complete remote voice provisioning, supporting a plethora of deployment models
* Flexibility and convenience – Motorola 3-D Reach® Extreme and Express Wi-Fi® technology, providing superior wireless range, performance, and coverage for 802.11 b/g wireless applications The Motorola voice IAD gateways also include Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) pairing technology, enabling users, who possess little understanding of traditional Wi-Fi configuration and security settings, to automatically configure new wireless networks, add new devices and enable security
* Easy to install – combining the capabilities of Motorola remote service provisioning, the Motorola self install wizard provides users with one-click easy installation of all gateway services, including voice and home networking. The wizard is fully customizable to operator specifications, enabling the reduction of helpdesk calls and unnecessary truck rolls.
Motorola will showcase the new Netopia voice IAD gateways at NXTcomm 2008, June 17-19, 2008, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth #SU5016.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.