CA Builds Momentum in Governance, Risk and Compliance Market with Latest Version of CA GRC Manager
New Release Delivers Greater Control over GRC Program Performance, Risk and Cost
ISLANDIA, N.Y.- CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today unveiled CA GRC Manager 1.5, the latest version of its comprehensive solution for Risk Management, Compliance, Audit and IT professionals to centrally manage risk and compliance initiatives across the entire enterprise. The new version assists organizations to manage business policies throughout their lifecycle, correlate and analyze key performance and risk indicators, and automate GRC program management to facilitate peak performance.
“Customers are gravitating to CA’s centralized governance approach to help achieve enterprise-wide control over all their compliance initiatives like SOX and HIPAA-across IT, Risk Management, Compliance and other areas,” said Marc Camm, senior vice president and general manager of GRC Products at CA. “This latest version of CA GRC Manager delivers features that help enterprises clearly define GRC strategies, and balance the costs, performance and risk of their programs.”
CA GRC Manager provides a comprehensive solution to address critical risk and compliance initiatives. It delivers a centralized system to create and store business and regulatory policies, facilitate compliance with those policies, and manage the risks and costs associated with non-compliance.
“Streamlining risk and governance related projects and aggregating IT policies to better manage numerous federal and state regulations is key,” said Kelley Eich, chief technology officer, State of Colorado Department of Human Services. “The new features in CA GRC Manager will help us make sure that our various departments are better focused on risk remediation, and will give us a more complete view of our risk posture at any given time.”
New features in GRC Manager 1.5 include:
* New Policy Management Capabilities – Full policy lifecycle management, including creation, maintenance, approval and communication. Support for policy awareness campaigns includes self-attestation to track current compliance status and comprehensive measurement of policy effectiveness.
* Additional Performance and Risk Metrics Support – Definition, management and analysis of both Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), including the ability to measure and correlate current performance and risk levels. Includes definition of alarm thresholds to trigger quick action on emerging risks and poor performance.
* GRC Program Management Automation – Automated testing and cost tracking for specific GRC programs such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, NERC and others, with customizable summary reporting for progress and costs. Includes tracking of all current remediation efforts and their total cost.
* Support for 120 Additional Unified Compliance Framework (UCF) Regulations – Easy correlation of policies to the most recent changes in regulatory requirements, covering 120 UCF additions to its library of more than 400 regulations mapped to over 10,000 control objectives for COBIT, SOX, HIPAA, PCI, NERC and others.
* Enhanced Controls Monitoring – Optional integration with CA Security Compliance Manager (announced separately today) for automated Identity and Access Management (IAM) controls monitoring.
“Companies are seeing an increasing need to implement GRC solutions that automate repeatable processes, handle exceptions and demonstrate compliance in a system of record that is defensible and easily accessible during an audit,” said Kathleen Wilhide, GRC director, IDC. “The CA GRC Manager solution is enhanced with features such as progress tracking and cost management that will give companies insight as to the resources required to manage compliance. Additionally, CA’s expertise in the supporting IT environment and the inclusion of control objectives within the product based upon the UCF is a clear differentiator as organizations strive to manage general computer controls under Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulations.”
GRC Manager is one of eight new and updated products announced by CA today that help customers lower IT operations costs, manage risk, and improve security and compliance processes. The products support CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision by providing customers with the capabilities they need to better govern, manage and secure IT for better business results.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.