EMC Extends Award-Winning Customer Service Capabilities
EMC Unveils Next-Generation Customer Support Offerings; $45 Million Investment Gives Customers More Control Over Security and Response
Hopkinton, Mass.-Friday, December 9, 2005, EMC Corporation, the world leader in information management and storage, today extended its award-winning service portfolio with the announcement of several new support services and capabilities. EMC has invested more than $45 million over the past two years to provide customers with more options, control and security over their EMC products and support experience to ensure maximum information availability.
With more than 4,700 dedicated service professionals and 175 Authorized Services Network (ASN) partners in 109 countries, EMC’s Customer Service organization uses state-of-the-art technology combined with unparalleled experience and knowledge to ensure that customers around the world receive the highest level of service and fastest issue resolution possible. EMC is introducing several service and support capabilities, which are based on extensive customer input, to help customers maintain the highest levels of availability. These capabilities are:
* EMC WebSupport, an online service tool that gives users greater flexibility and functionality to identify, diagnose and resolve technical issues faster. Part of the EMC eServices support portfolio, EMC WebSupport is an easy and convenient option for communicating with EMC Customer Service, enabling users to open and submit cases and questions online 24/7 to EMC support engineers. EMC WebSupport is fully integrated with EMC Knowledgebase – EMC’s up-to-date internal repository of solutions to technical issues and answers to questions, automatically providing customers with a set of options each time they open a case that they can leverage to expedite case resolution.
* A software-based version of the EMC Data Erasure Service that helps EMC customers further protect their information by enabling fast, secure and certified deletion of data on retired or repurposed disk drives in EMC Symmetrix or in select IBM and Hitachi mainframe systems. Available in Q1 2006, the software-based data erasure solution is a fast, efficient service that will give customers more options for storage relocation and reassignment of remaining data while ensuring and verifying that their data is overwritten in accordance with their security and corporate governance requirements.
* The next-generation EMC Secure Remote Support Gateway, an IP-based version of EMC’s pioneering remote system monitoring technology. It has been enhanced to help EMC customers minimize system downtime and accelerate issue diagnosis and resolution via a fast, secure link. Available in Q1 2006, the Gateway solution will use a high-speed, secure IP connection for 24/7 remote monitoring, notification and repair of EMC networked storage systems by EMC. It will also meet stringent corporate governance and industry security regulations with features including customer-controlled remote access, authentication, detailed audit logs and encryption.
* EMC Secure Select for Government Service, which provides public-sector customers with specialized remote technical support, troubleshooting and repairs that address their unique security requirements. Available in Q1 2006, this 24/7 remote support solution offers public-sector customers the expertise of a specialized group of EMC Customer Service engineers and provides support options including customer-controlled remote access and detailed access audit logs, encryption and authentication.
* Three supplemental EMC Software Support Services, which provide customers with fee-based direct technical support and onsite expertise for their EMC ControlCenter, EMC NetWorker or EMC Documentum software. Available today through EMC Customer Service, the supplemental services deliver designated onsite and remote support to help customers troubleshoot and maintain optimal performance of their EMC software.
* A new customer support center at EMC headquarters in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. This center provides proactive monitoring and real-time response for EMC Symmetrix customers and is part of a network of similar EMC centers located in Duluth, Georgia; Alexandria, Virginia; Cork, Ireland; Tokyo, Japan; and Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
“When it comes to service and support, our goal is to provide the best total customer experience,” said Leo Colborne, EMC Senior Vice President, Global Customer Service. “We are constantly soliciting feedback from our customers about their EMC service experience and what they’d like to see improved. The new support features and enhancements are a direct result of that input. They combine people, processes and technology in ways that help our customers get the most value from EMC solutions and maximize the return on investment.”
Doug Chandler, Program Director for IDC’s Storage Software, Services, and Compliance Infrastructure Research, said, “EMC has made a significant investment to ensure that its support infrastructure scales with its customers’ businesses. Customers more than ever require support that is 24x7, provides rapid response and resolution, and is secure. EMC’s new support offerings are meant to address those requirements.”
More information about EMC Customer Service can be found at www.emc.com/global_services/support/.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world leader in products, services and solutions for information management and storage that help organizations extract the maximum value from their information, at the lowest total cost, across every point in the information lifecycle. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum, Symmetrix and CLARiiON are registered trademarks, and ControlCenter and NetWorker are trademarks of EMC Corporation. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Lesley Ogrodnick
- Services and Verticals
- EMC Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.