OnStar Receives Honors at Telematics Update Awards
OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation is recognized at the Telematics Update Detroit Ceremony
Detroit – OnStar by GM captured the “Best Embedded Telematics Navigation Product Award” at the 2008 Detroit Telematics Awards event.
Awards are judged by independent industry experts and are open to all companies in the automotive and mobile telematics eco-system that develop and provide compelling products, services, and content.
OnStar received the Best Embedded Product award for their Turn-by-Turn Navigation system, a unique and easy-to-use navigation service which uses an enhanced GPS system to guide drivers to their destination and automatically helps them get back on track if they make a wrong turn.
Since the launch of OnStar Turn-by Turn in 1996, more than 4.7 million Turn-by-Turn Navigation routes have been delivered to subscribers nationwide.
Drivers touch the blue OnStar button and then inform a live advisor of their destination. Directions are then sent to the vehicle and automated voice-guided directions are played in the vehicle as needed turn-by-turn.
“It is an honor to receive this recognition for our services,” said Nick Pudar, OnStar vice president, planning and business development. “We strive to use research, technology and strategic relationships to provide our subscribers with the most innovative telematics technology on the market today.”
Over the Telematics Update Awards’ six-year history, OnStar’s industry leadership has been showcased with both individual and company-wide awards. Past honors include:
* Best Telematics Navigation Product – 2006, 2007
* Best Use of Telematics Technology for Safety, 2007
* Best Embedded Telematics Service Award, 2007
* People’s Choice of the Best Telematics Company, 2007
* Best use of Telematics for Automotive Safety and Security – 2005, 2006
* Best Embedded/Terminal Product – 2005
* Best Reseller/Retailer – 2005
* Leadership Award - 2003, 2004 – including the 2004 Leadership Award for OnStar President, Chet Huber
* Telematics in Action Award - 2003, 2004
* Heroes Award Nominees - Telematics Service Provider Employee – 2003
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.