LG Display Boasts Technical Expertise With Next-generation Display Demonstrations at SID’s Display Week 2008
Seoul, Korea.– LG Display [NYSE: LPL, KRX: 034220], one of the world’s leading TFT-LCD manufacturers, today announced its plans to showcase its latest next-generation displays at SID’s Display Week 2008 (May 18-23 in Los Angeles, Calif.). At SID, LG Display’s exhibit will demonstrate how the company has moved beyond traditional rectangle displays to innovate circular and elliptical-shaped LCDs, 3D and touch displays and more.
“LG Display continues to pave the way for the future of displays through its leadership and unrivaled technical advances. We recently announced our elliptical and circular shaped LCDs, and there are many additional, exciting demonstrations to see at our booth this year,” noted Mr. In Jae Jeung, LG Display’s Chief Technology Officer and Vice President.
A sampling of LG Display’s broad spectrum of display demonstrations at SID, includes:
Next-Generation LCD Technologies:
LG Display will show its state-of-the-art, next-generation LCD technologies.
● 15-inch TFT-LCD, leveraging roll-to-roll printing technology for TFT patterns and color filer, enabling flexible displays and reducing cost of display manufacturing
● 15-inch XGA a-Si AMOLED for OLED TV with an impressive 10,000:1 contrast ratio
● 2.2-inch double-sided reflective LCD
LG Display has made significant advance it developing its eco-friendly displays which feature high resolution and still have low power consumption.
● 37-inch full HD LCD, featuring a slim design and material cost reduction, made possible by forming the gate driver ICs inside the LCD panel during the TFT process
● 14.1-inch LCD panel for notebook PC, enhancing portability and reducing power consumption by employing backlight technology capable of spotlight function
LG Display’s 3D displays demonstrate realistic, 3D images.
● 2.4-inch lenticular, high density 2D/3D display
● 17-inch switchable 3D display, switching freely from 2D and 3D
● 42-inch, polarized 3D Display, leveraging LG Display’s anti-reflection coating
Touch Screen Displays
LG Display will show a variety of displays with touch and multi-touch capabilities.
● 52-inch multi touch screen for public and interactive displays, not only the world’s largest, it has also the ability to recognize dual touch, area and gesture.
● 84-inch multi-vision multi-touch LCD for interactive public displays, featuring a narrow bezel
● 4.3-inch multi-touch screen for multimedia devices devices
● 7-inch LCD featuring an embedded touch sensor and slim and light form factor
Small & Medium Displays
LG Display’s innovation has resulted in a variety of medium and small-sized display panels to meet the demand for higher-resolution, lower-power displays.
● 2.2-inch mobile viewing image control (VIC) display for privacy with a narrow viewing angle in VIC mode
● 3-inch a-Si LCD featuring an impressive resolution
● A variety of LCDs ranging from 2.4-inches to 3.5-inches with LG Display’s AH3-IPS technology to enable low power consumption, without sacrificing high resolution
Flexible & e-Paper Displays
LG Display has developed a myriad of black and white and color flexible displays, ranging from 4 to 14.30inches.
● 14.3-inch WXGA color EPD, the world’s highest resolution color, flexible EPD for e-paper
● 12-inch WXGA monochromatic EPD, the world’s highest resolution flexible EPD for e-paper
● 4-inch qVGA flexible AMOLED display on metal foil with increased flexibility and durability
LG Display Presentations at Display Week
LG Display’s expert team will also present 12 technical papers and 10 posters on topics including 15-inch TFT LCDs produced with TFT and color filter substrates via roll-to-roll printing and a-Si 15-inch AM OLED.
● ‘84 inch multi touch and Narrow bezel technology’ Bae Sang Hyuck, R&D Team
● ‘Roll Printing Process Technology’ Jang Yoon Gyoung, R&D Team
● ‘Lenticular type 3D Technology’ Hong Hyung Ki, R&D Team
● ‘Double side reflection LCD Technology’ Park Hyung Seok, R&D Team
● ‘a-Si used 15 inch AM OLED’ Han Chang Wook, OLED R&D Team
SID’s 46th Annual Display Week 2008 International Symposium, Seminar & Exhibition will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Calif. May 19 through 23, 2008. Display Week is the premier international gathering of scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users in the field of electronic information displays. For more information on SID 2008, visit www.sid2008.org.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.