Wall Street Journal Launches Second Annual Deals & DealMakers Conference Featuring Top Financial and Corporate Decision-makers
NEW YORK . — The Wall Street Journal’s second annual Deals & DealMakers Conference will convene prominent leaders from the worlds of finance and business in New York on June 10-11 at The Pierre.
This executive conference will bring together the top financial and corporate decision-makers to explore the risks and opportunities emerging in today’s rapidly changing deal environment.
“This is a critical moment in the history of finance,” said Alan Murray, online executive editor of The Wall Street Journal. “At last year’s conference, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein provided an early glimpse of the credit problems that lay ahead. We expect this year’s lineup of CEOs and fund managers to be equally prescient in charting the course out of the current confusion.”
The conference will be hosted by The Wall Street Journal’s Dennis Berman, global deals editor, Nik Deogun, editor of the Journal’s Money & Investing Section and Mr. Murray.
The 2008 Deals & DealMakers Conference will feature the following influential leaders:
* Bill Ackman, managing member and portfolio manager, Pershing Square Capital Management
* Jeffrey H. Aronson, founder, Centerbridge Partners
* Laurence D. Fink, chairman and chief executive officer, BlackRock
* Peter R. Fisher, managing director and co-head of fixed income, Portfolio Management Group, BlackRock
* Doug Holz-Eakin, senior policy advisor, John McCain 2008
* Marc Lasry, chairman, chief executive officer and founding partner, Avenue Capital Group
* Kenneth D. Lewis, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Bank of America Corporation
* Robert L. Nardelli, chairman and chief executive officer, Chrysler, LLC
* Jonathan M. Nelson, chief executive officer, Providence Equity Partners
* Indra K. Nooyi, chairman and chief executive officer, PepsiCo
* Robert Steel, under secretary for domestic finance, United States Treasury
* John Studzinski, senior managing director and global head of corporate advisory services, The Blackstone Group
* Daniel K. Tarullo, economic advisor, Barack Obama 2008
* John A. Thain, chairman and chief executive officer, Merrill Lynch
* Meredith Whitney, managing director, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc
For more information about the 2008 Wall Street Journal Deal & DealMakers Conference, please go to http://dealmakers.wsj.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.