Cianbro Constructs Information Reporting Infrastructure with Oracle(r) Business Intelligence
Civil and Heavy Industrial Construction Firm Selects Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus to Standardize Reporting
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. -APR-2008
* Oracle announced Cianbro, a large civil and heavy industrial construction company, has selected Oracle(r) Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus (Oracle BI Suite EE Plus) to standardize reporting and deliver actionable insight across the company.
* Oracle BI Suite EE Plus will replace Cianbro’s static, homegrown reporting platform, enabling the company to improve manage human resource management and adapt to the growing needs of its business. Reporting within Cianbro is currently managed in siloed homegrown reports and large volumes of data are dispersed across varied data sources within the organization.
* After evaluating a number of solutions, Cianbro concluded that Oracle BI Suite EE Plus’s open, scalable, and comprehensive analysis and reporting capabilities were best equipped to serve its rapidly growing business by enabling seamless integration with its Oracle Database and other data sources as well as business critical applications and functions such as payroll, human resources and financial reporting.
* Founded in 1949, employee-owned Cianbro is one of the most diversified construction companies in the nation with gross annual sales in excess of $450 million and over 2,500 team members throughout the eastern United States.
* “As a construction and an employee-owned company, our people are our most important and valued asset,” said Dale Thomas, Director of Information Technology and Corporate Security Officer, Cianbro. “By replacing homegrown reports and standardizing on Oracle Business Intelligence, we will be able to improve how we track, analyze and report on our people assets -- helping us to better forecast for and utilize our resources and better serve our projects and clients.”
* “Cianbro is looking to add hundreds of new employees over the coming years -- so it was a requirement to build out an infrastructure that would allow us to forecast and control our human capital processes and resources more efficiently,” added Thomas. “Our current reporting infrastructure, built on systems like Microsoft Access, make it difficult to create, manage, share and retain reports and information. We are confident that Oracle BI EE Plus will provide the infrastructure we need to empower decision makers across the organization, as well as help us better collaborate resources with our valued partners.”
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.