IBM Delivers Security as a Service for Mid-Sized Business Market
LONDON - Apr 2008: Today, IBM (NYSE: IBM) introduced several new services to help mid-sized businesses better manage risk and improve the security of their IT systems. IBM developed these services in response to recent IBM X-Force(R) research that showed an alarming rise in organized crime attacks on smaller organizations.
According to IBM’s team of X-Force global security experts, because mid-sized companies typically lack the vast information technology (IT) resources needed to prepare for such attacks, they can often be prime targets for network attacks, data breaches and other malicious threats. To help these clients, IBM Internet Security Systems (ISS) and its business partners are stepping up delivery of advanced security solutions designed to help smaller businesses to safeguard against criminal attacks, comply with industry standards and secure information, applications, and IT infrastructures. The new services include:
* Express Penetration Testing Services - services that uncover an organization’s vulnerabilities by simulating a real network attack and mimicking the techniques used by malicious attackers.
* Express Multi-Function Security Bundle - new services that help provide the most complete do-it-yourself protection against network threats, vulnerabilities, worms, viruses, spy-ware and spam in a single Unified Threat Management (UTM) solution.
* Express Managed Multi-Function Security Bundle - for clients who prefer a fully managed multi-function security solution, IBM is delivering a suite of products that provide 24/7 comprehensive protection and monitoring, as well as support a broad array of security services including: firewall, VPN, behavioral & signature antivirus, intrusion prevention security (IPS), anti-spam, and Web filtering.
* Express Managed Protection Services for Server - affordable services that help provide 24/7 protection for servers from a broad array of threats as well as monitoring and management services.
These new services help smaller organizations which are increasingly looking to purchase Security as a Service to help them simplify their IT operations so they can get back to focusing on their businesses.
Smaller organizations are also grappling with the requirements of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard, a global standard that applies to any company that processes, transmits or stores credit card information. The standard was created by credit card companies to help organizations prevent security breaches. Any company that processes credit card data today could be threatened by cyber-crime attacks, resulting in customer identity theft. According to the February 2008 report by Forrester Research, Inc., The State of SMB IT Security Adoption: 2007, only 32 percent of SMB businesses believe they are fully compliant with the PCI standard.
As part of IBM’s end-to-end solution for PCI, IBM is now helping smaller organizations prepare for, and attempt to achieve compliance by introducing:
* Express PCI Assessments - assessment for companies that accept, store or process credit card information for compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. IBM ISS is recognized as a Qualified Security Assessor, certified to complete PCI Assessments.
In Europe, channel distributor Computerlinks has broadened its existing relationship with IBM to include the IBM ISS portfolio of security services.
“The IBM Express Managed Security Services portfolio offers the channel a unique opportunity for cross-selling into the mid-market as well as bringing new security services to market very quickly,” said David Ellis, Director of E Security and Professional Services at Computerlinks. "As the need for protecting data and reducing the risk for our small to medium-sized customers continues to grow, being able to provide a service that specifically addresses their needs helps us to foster and maintain a stronger relationship with them.
“With our Business Partners, we are prepared to help companies of all sizes better manage risk and sleep better at night,” said Rick Ruiz, General Manager, General Business in IBM Global Technology Services. “Quite simply, I don’t believe there is any company in the world that can match IBM’s ability to help provide clients: preemptive, affordable, end-to-end protection that stops threats before they impact their business. This is about safety, security, and peace of mind.”
IBM is the world’s leading provider of risk and security solutions. Clients around the world partner with IBM to help reduce the complexities of security and strategically manage risk. IBM’s experience and range of risk and security solutions are unsurpassed -- from dedicated research, software, hardware, services and global business partner value -- helping clients secure business operations and implement company-wide, integrated risk management programs.
IBM Threat Mitigation Express Advantage Services will be available later this month.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.