Thomson Innovation Enhances Intellectual Property Research with Business and News Information
Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, today announced the addition of authoritative business and news content to Thomson InnovationSM (www.thomsoninnovation.com), the new standard in intellectual property research and analysis. Combining business and news information with comprehensive patent data and scientific literature, Thomson Innovation provides the most complete resource for prior art and competitive intelligence research.
“Conducting effective intellectual property research requires the perspective of world events and competitive activity,” said David Brown, Executive Vice President, Corporate Markets for the Scientific business of Thomson Reuters. “By integrating timely financial and news information with editorially-enhanced global patents and scientific literature, we are giving organizations the up-to-date information they need to make business development and licensing decisions within the context of the fluid marketplace.”
The extensive collection of business and news content in Thomson Innovation includes:
* News – A comprehensive collection of more than 11,000 of the world’s leading sources from the Dialog NewsRoom database. Researchers can use this news to closely monitor industry developments and information about new technologies and other strategic information.
* Product – Information about ownership of products and coverage of press releases relating to product launches and other relevant news to support product design and development, competitive analysis, marketing and business planning.
* Company – Business intelligence information allows organizations to monitor competitive activity in a particular industry. This company information can be used to view a corporation’s family hierarchy or find the address and executive information for a particular business.
* Market – International market information for 90 industries published weekly, covering market share, rankings, forecasts, time series, shipments, and demographics information in a tabular format.
* Research – Detailed information on more than 30,000 organizations supporting and conducting research worldwide can be used to locate experts in a specific field of research, identify potential partners for cooperative research and identify potential marketing contacts.
The new business collections can each be searched independently or in conjunction with patent and scientific literature on Thomson Innovation. In addition, these collections share common functionality with other Thomson Innovation collections, such as alerts, work files and multi-color highlighting.
Thomson Innovation is an integrated research solution that combines intellectual property, scientific literature, and business data and news with analytic, collaboration and alerting tools in a robust platform to support global research and development activity. It is the first commercially available research solution that enables simultaneous searching of editorially-enhanced patent data, Asian patent data translated into English, scientific literature and business and news information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.