Clearswift simplifies web and email security for SMEs
Clearswift Smart Web & Mail™ enables growing businesses to deploy unified security for both gateways
London, UK – April 2008 – Clearswift today launched its Smart Web & Mail, giving growing businesses with between 50 and 500 users access to enterprise-class security at an SME-friendly price.
Smart Web & Mail bundles together Clearswift’s MIMEsweeper Web and Email Appliances to give SMEs total inbound and outbound security. The Smart Web & Mail is designed to stop bad content on the Internet and on email with full protection from spam, spyware, virus attack and other forms of malware as well as helping to prevent productivity loss through inappropriate web usage. The solution also safeguards confidential information such as credit card data and intellectual property and helps shield users from unwanted or inappropriate sites and online harassment.
“Smart Web & Mail is designed to help our SME customers to significantly simplify Internet security and reduce the administrative burden and total cost of ownership associated with web and email protection,” said Alyn Hockey, Director of Product Management at Clearswift. “ This is a simple, self managing solution that greatly simplifies IT security for growing businesses.”
Block viruses & spyware
In independent testing Kaspersky’s anti-virus and malware protection (found in both our appliances) consistently scores as one of the top three anti-malware engines.
Clearswift’s TRUSTmanager™ reputation service and SpamLogic™ anti-spam engine consistently scores well over 99.6% spam detection.
Safeguard your information
Clearswift’s Smart Web & Mail solution analyzes all outbound web and mail traffic, protecting information that is sent or received whether in an e-mail, webmail or shared on Web 2.0 sites using services such as blogs or Webmail.
Shield your users
Clearswift’s Smart Web & Mail solution benefits from a leading anti-spyware and the world’s foremost URL filter with a constantly updated database of over 25 million web sites to enable safer and productive web browsing.
When it comes to Web 2.0 collaboration, posts to blogs, wiki’s, Webmail and the dozens of emerging Web 2.0 technologies, the Smart Web & Mail solution provides control over employee internet use and ensure internet time wasting is kept under control.
The full Smart Web & Mail functionality includes:
* Bi-directional malware blocking from Kaspersky
* Unified management of email and web appliances
* Granular control over file types, file contents, their direction and size
* Full lexical analysis and lexical expression building tools.
* MIMEsweeper content filter policy engine for outbound data loss protection
* Built-in templates for PCI (credit card) and PII (National Insurance, Social Security) detection
* ThreatLab™ Managed Lists to block profanity and control a wide range of confidential and sensitive content
* Graphical, and scheduled reporting, with interactive drilldown on report items
* SNMP and SMTP alerting*
* TRUSTmanager™ spam reputation service
* World’s leading URL filter
* SpamLogic™ - anti-spam engine with grey listing & BATV, plus 6 additional filters for further fine-grained control
* Full content analysis and malware scanning of URL headers and all web page content, including HTML text
* TLS automated gateway to gateway email encryption, plus support for S/MIME and PGP standards
* Optional HTTPS/SSL encrypted web traffic malware and content scanning
* Personal Message Management allowing users to manage their own quarantined mail
* Stripping of cookies and blocking of malicious scripts and other active or streamed content
* Full message tracking and reporting
* Extensible URL categories with over 40 predefined
* Full policy configuration rollback
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.