Oracle Unveils Strategy for Service-Oriented Security
Achieves Key Milestones with Oracle(R) Identity Management for Delivering Flexible Architecture Designed to Improve Security and Business Agility
Redwood Shores, Calif.
* Today at the RSA Conference 2008, Oracle will outline its vision for Service-Oriented Security.
* By decoupling hard-coded security features from enterprise applications to create reusable, standards-based security services and protocols which any application can consume, Service-Oriented Security enables organizations to simplify and centralize several critical security processes including authentication, authorization, user administration, role management, identity virtualization and governance, and entitlement management, as well as audit and control.
* Oracle’s Service-Oriented Security encompasses four IT processes - development, deployment, administration and governance. To date, the company has delivered key milestones associated with each of these components including:
o Development: Identity Governance Framework - a multi-vendor standard proposal, spearheaded by Oracle, that provides a service-oriented, privacy-aware architecture for developers to access identity data while adhering to usage policies. Oracle, in conjunction with the Liberty Alliance, has delivered the first open source component of the proposed standard.
o Deployment: General availability of Oracle(r) Role Manager - software, based on a service-enabled architecture that allows organizations to centrally model, define and manage a repository for business roles and relationships, which can then be used to drive role-based access control, provisioning and approvals across business applications.
o Administration: Beta release of Oracle Fine Grained Authorization - software designed to externalize hard-coded authorization policies from heterogeneous enterprise applications. The controlled beta preview complements Oracle’s comprehensive Identity and Access Management software that helps enable customers to administer the access rights of users as they interact with business applications today.
o Governance: General availability of Oracle Application Access Controls Governor 8.0 - latest release of control monitoring software that leverages an externalized Service-Oriented approach to provide segregation of duties analysis and enforcement for heterogeneous enterprise application environments.
* Historically, organizations “bolted” security solutions on to their enterprise applications, a strategy that often hindered business agility. With Service-Oriented Security, organizations can now centralize security solutions in a more flexible security architecture.
* Click here for additional information regarding Oracle’s Strategy for Service-Oriented Security.
* “With today’s announcement, Oracle is paving the road for Service-Oriented Security,” said Thomas Kurian, senior vice president, Oracle Server Technologies. “For too long companies have struggled with implementing, managing and maintaining separate security models for each individual application in their IT environment. Service-Oriented Security aims to abstract these fragmented and hard-coded policies by providing a standards-based, architectural model to centralize the management of these silos.”
Related News Releases
* Oracle Releases Oracle Application Access Controls Governor 8.0
* Liberty Alliance and Oracle Team to Advance Identity Governance Framework
Oracle Expert Blogs
* Roger Sullivan
* Nishant Kaushik
* Clayton Donley
* Mark Wilcox
Podcasts, Webcasts and Videos
# Podcast: Why Enterprise Role Management is a Key Priority this Year
# Podcast: What’s Fueling the Increased Customer Adoption of Identity Management and Driving Oracle’s Security Product Strategy?
# Extending Oracle Application Security with Identity Management
# Oracle GRC Applications Suite iSeminar
* About the Identity Governance Framework
* Fortifying the Enterprise: Governance, Risk, and Compliance Strategies Whitepaper
* GRC Automation Case Study: Finding the Elusive ROI
* Oracle Role Manager - Feature Overview
* Independent Analyst Reports Regarding Oracle Software
* Download Oracle Software
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.