Alcatel to present its video call, video mailbox and video assistance applications with a single call on a mobile phone at movilforum 2005
Paris, December 1, 2005 - Alcatel (CGEP: PA and NYSE:ALA) will present mobile and fixed communications convergence through multiple video services on the mobile phone with a single call at the movilforum 2005 exhibition. Alcatel sponsors the movilforum 5th edition, a leading mobile communications event in Spain organized by Telefónica Móviles, which will take place on the 1st and 2nd December at the Palacio Municipal de Congresos in Madrid.
A single call to the Alcatel video portal is enough to connect users with a 3D animated character, which then links them to the selected option among the various mobile-to-mobile and mobile-to fixed video communication options. Amongst others, the outstanding innovations are:
· Video mailbox, where users can find incoming video messages and can leave and view the video messages they have sent to others
· Weather forecasts for any city in the world with a virtual “weatherman” who gives real time weather reports using the same data used by meteorologists
· Advanced mobile video assistance service, designed for the elderly or those with a certain degree of disability that need remote monitoring. With a mobile phone and tracing service-based applications it is possible to monitor users’ location and offer them immediate assistance in case of emergency. Users can also contact the video assistance service through a video call.
· Mobile-to-fixed video call, taking advantage of mobile and fixed communication convergence and the great number of users with broadband access in fixed networks
· Access to real time video content, such as movies or video reports and video interviews...
All this is possible thanks to Alcatel application platform and its 3G video gateway which make it possible to incorporate new advanced multimedia applications and services in mobile networks and interconnect mobile and fixed networks, acting as protocol “translators”.
Alcatel advanced video portal, video mailbox and video assistance capabilities are shown on December 1 and 2 at the movilforum 2005 exhibition, on Stand G.
Movilforum (www.movilforum.movistar.com) was launched in 2000 by Telefonica Moviles España to encourage collaboration in the business world and foster the development and commercialization of mobile services and applications. Movilforum is an event where enterprises can make use of platforms and networks for test purposes, as well as handsets and training for free. Movilforum gathers today more than 6,000 associated companies and 150 registered companies that sum up together a portfolio of products and services including over 200 different mobile applications developed to improve business performance in diverse sectors such as transport, health, assurance, banking, public administration or entertainment, among others.
Alcatel provides communications solutions to telecommunication carriers, Internet service providers and enterprises for delivery of voice, data and video applications to their customers or employees. Alcatel brings its leading position in fixed and mobile broadband networks; applications and services, to help its partners and customers build a user-centric broadband world. With sales of EURO 12.3 billion and 56,000 employees in 2004, Alcatel operates in more than 130 countries.
- Contact Information
- Aurélie Boutin-Guezennec
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.