VSC Consulting and the Haas School of Business Technology Club Host the 3rd Annual Future-M at UC Berkeley April 9th
Silicon Valley’s hottest startup entrepreneurs and students will discuss the future of media and marketing, sharing insight and internship opportunities
(SAN FRANCISCO, CA / BERKELEY, CA) – April 7, 2008 – Several visionaries leading the technology economies of gaming, mobile, venture capital and marketing will come together to share experiences and opportunities for the student body of UC Berkeley this Wednesday, April 9th. Digital marketing communications boutique, VSC Consulting, with the support of UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business Technology Club, is hosting Future-M - an informational panel and networking event based on the principles of entrepreneurship. Now in its third year, the event will allow both graduate and undergraduate students to learn from and socially network face-to-face with Silicon Valley’s leading market makers.
This year’s lineup for the event includes five entrepreneur CEOs and a leading venture capitalist in the digital media industry including:
• Nitin Bhandari, founder and CEO of Skyfire (http://www.skyfire.com), a new, “game-changing” downloadable mobile web browser that makes browsing on your phone exactly like browsing on your PC. You can use the web from your mobile phone with unprecedented speed and simplicity. It supports any web technology so you can watch videos, listen to music, socialize on networks and browse -- just like the PC.
• Tim Chang, a principal venture capitalist at Norwest Venture Partners (http://www.nvp.com), a firm that currently manages more than $2.5 billion in venture capital and has funded over 400 companies since inception. Tim has recently invested in 3Jam, a multiparty mobile text messaging platform and service, and has joined the board of directors. Tim also works with the boards of deCarta and Double Fusion.
• Jameson Hsu, founder and CEO of Mochi Media (http://www.mochimedia.com), the world’s largest online games advertising network for advertisers, publishers and game developers. The MochiAds network connects advertisers with game developers, providing turnkey opportunities to reach the one in three Internet users playing games online.
• Matt Marshall, founder and Editor-in-Chief of VentureBeat (http://www.venturebeat.com), a daily blog offering news and information concerning venture capital funding.
• Robert Patterson, Berkeley alumni and founder of Aap!Global (http://www.aapglobal.com), a leader in alternative advertising mediums that develops and manages high impact advertising spaces in partnership with established media companies. The company’s escalator advertisement’s were featured in Brandweek’s 2007 Best In International Marketing Feature.
• Vijay Chattha, founder and Chief Talker at VSC Consulting (http://www.vscconsulting.com), a marketing communications boutique firm built upon a unique model of startup growth and measurement and winner of sixteen awards in public relations since 2002.
Chattha’s vision for Future-M is to bridge three current disconnects between students and startups.
• What can I do in higher education that will prepare me to be an entrepreneur in technology?
• What classes should I take/avoid?
• What intangible lessons and experiences can be shared outside of traditional formal education?
“Conversely our panelists realize,” Chattha says, “that students who are participating will be the business leaders of the future. Future-M allows our featured panelists to attract and foster top talent on campus and inspire them to shape future consumer trends. Our goal with this event is to connect these two dynamic forces.”
“I am excited to connect with the best and brightest future entrepreneurs from Berkeley,” said Tim Chang, venture capitalist at Norwest Venture Partners. “NVP often gets involved with events like VSC’s Future-M to search for fresh startup talent and innovation.”
Future-M’s panel of charismatic speakers will offer fresh insights into the modern day realities of the business world. The event takes place Wednesday, April 9, 2008 from 6 PM to 8 PM at the Faculty Club off Piedmont Avenue on the UC Berkeley Campus. Free snacks and refreshments will be served and each of the panelists will be accepting resumes for jobs and summer internships.
Where: Faculty Club
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-6050
When: Wednesday, April 9, 2008
6 PM to 8 PM
Registration: RSVP by visiting one of the following links:
Seating will be limited to first come, first served for the first 100 guests.
About VSC Consulting
VSC is an award-winning strategic public relations and digital marketing boutique founded in 2002 by Vijay Chattha who wanted to evolve the antiquated industry of public relations into a more aggressive and entrepreneurial approach to marketing based on results and creativity. VSC is ranked among the top tier of boutique agencies in the United States, according to PRWeek Magazine, and has won 16 awards for its work in consumer technology, mobile, gaming and advertising. VSC has generated 2,505,638,690 estimated media impressions. With strong mainstream and industry media relationships, VSC clients have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNN, BusinessWeek, Adweek, AdAge, Fortune, Headline News, Forbes, Red Herring, Adweek, MTV, Moconews, Wireless Week, GameSpot, IGN, The San Jose Mercury News, The Washington Post, Crain’s New York, The San Francisco Chronicle, Associated Press, Reuters, Financial Times, as well as coverage on ABC, NBC and CBS, and in many other targeted trade media outlets.
Learn more and explore at http://www.vscconsulting.com
- Contact Information
- Jenna Britton
- PR Rockstar
- VSC Consulting
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.