DHL Set To Deliver For The Holidays
Company Expects Volumes on Peak Shipping Days to Be Up 15% Over 2004
PLANTATION, FL -- November 30, 2005, With the holiday season fast approaching, final preparations have been made at DHL facilities across the country for a holiday season filled with even more giving and receiving than last year. With a companywide dedication to providing a superior customer experience and a network that provides service to more than 120,000 destinations in over 220 countries and territories, the world’s leading global express shipping and logistics company is more ready than ever to deliver convenience and personal service - along with millions of holiday packages - to all its customers during one of the busiest times of the year.
DHL anticipates peak delivery and drop-off day volumes this year to be 15 percent higher than 2004 volumes, with average U.S. daily shipment volumes increasing by nearly six percent over 2004 average volumes. On December 15th (DHL’s peak holiday season pick-up day) the company expects to collect approximately 2.3 million packages from customers in U.S. alone. And, on December 19th (DHL’s peak holiday season delivery day) DHL projects it will deliver 2.3 million packages to homes and businesses across the country. To meet the increased demand, the company is adding 510 daily truck routes and 38 new flights per week to its regular network schedules.
“At this busy time of the year, our number one priority is to ensure our customers’ shipping and logistics needs are met, and that we are delivering a superior service experience to all our customers,” said Fred Beljaars, Executive Vice President for Operations at DHL Americas. “Along with the increased staffing at our facilities and customer service centers, the hundreds of vehicles, truck routes, as well as dozens of aircraft and flights we’ve added to our network, we have been working with each of our customers to develop solutions tailored to their specific needs.”
Dates to Remember
DHL is pleased to announce that the DHL network will be open for business through Christmas Eve, on Saturday, December 24. For that special last-minute gift that just has to get there, DHL’s Same Day service operates every day of the year, including Christmas Day, on Sunday December 25.
For all other U.S. domestic services, DHL has set “ship-by” deadlines to ensure gift shipments arrive in time for holidays. Those deadlines are as follows:
- For DHL Ground service, ship by December 15
- For DHL 2nd Day service, ship by December 20
- For DHL Next Day 10:30am service, ship by December 22
- For DHL Next Day 12:00pm service, ship by December 22
- For DHL Next Day 3:00pm service, ship by December 22
- DHL Same Day service provides delivery every day, each day of the year - even on Christmas Day.
All the Jingle Bells and Whistles
Thanks to its expanded network and enhanced website, DHL has made it more convenient and easier than ever before to ship during the holidays.
- Log on to www.dhl-usa.com to schedule a pick-up, get help preparing a shipment, check rates, find drop off locations, view transit times, order supplies and more
- Call 1-800-CALL-DHL to schedule a pick-up at home or work
- Drop packages off at any DHL service center facility or DHL Authorized Service Center, as well as at more than 20,000 Drop Boxes across the U.S.
- Drop shipments off at one of the more than 4,000 retail shipping locations around the U.S. that provide DHL services, including Neighborhood Postal Centers and OfficeMax stores. Log on to www.dhl-usa.com to find a nearby location.
Spreading Holiday Cheer - From North to South Pole
DHL reaches the farthest corners of the world - every ZIP Code in the U.S., and 120,000 destinations internationally, to be exact. So, whether you’re shipping from San Francisco to Singapore or from Albuquerque to Australia, DHL has a host of options for customers looking to send gifts to loved ones within the U.S. or overseas.
When shipping within the U.S., customers can choose the option that best suits their needs from the following range of products and time-definite shipping services:
- DHL Next Day by 10:30am in primary delivery areas
- DHL Next Day by 12:00pm to anywhere in the U.S.
- DHL Next Day by 3:00pm in primary delivery areas
- DHL 2nd Day with delivery by 5:00pm on the second business day
- DHL Ground service with delivery within one to six business days depending upon the origin and destination
- DHL Same Day service will pick up a customer’s package and get it on the next available commercial flight out of town
For international destinations, the following DHL services will help ensure the gifts you spent time picking out arrive just the way you want, wherever they’re headed:
- Worldwide Priority Express - global express service for door-to-door delivery of international customs dutiable shipments
- International Documents service - express service for door-to-door delivery of international non-dutiable shipments
- Jumbo Box - for packages weighing up to 55 pounds. This service includes pick up and delivery door-to-door to over 120,000 destinations in 220 countries and territories for one low flat price
- DHL Same Day service - DHL will pick up virtually any size shipment and put it on the first available commercial flight for delivery to over 200 countries worldwide
For any questions about shipping internationally, consult a DHL customer representative by calling 1-800-CALL-DHL. Customer service representatives can provide information regarding special shipping regulations between countries, customs documentation requirements, estimates of duties and tax charges, the best shipping option for the size and weight of your package, and prohibited or restricted commodities.
Note for Editors:
For more information about how the world’s leading express and logistics provider prepares for the holiday rush, log on to www.dhl-usa.com/holiday/. You’ll also find holiday story ideas, fact sheets and operational statistics, holiday schedules and shipping tips, as well as information on DHL’s Thanksgiving Food Drive and some compelling seasonal success stories.
At DHL, customer service is back in shipping. Our mission is to provide the most flexible, personable and enjoyable experience in the shipping industry for our customers.
With annual revenues over $32 billion in 2004, DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry, specializing in providing innovative and customized solutions from a single source.
DHL offers expertise in express, air and ocean freight, overland transport and logistics solutions, combined with worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local markets. Over 160,000 employees are dedicated to providing fast and reliable services that exceed customers’ expectations. Founded in San Francisco in 1969, DHL’s international network links more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. For more information on DHL, please visit www.dhl.com.
- Contact Information
- DHL Press Office
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.