New Matrox Developer Product Features Realtime H.264/AVC Hardware Codec Ideal for Broadcast and Medical Media Server Applications
Montreal, Canada.– Matrox® Video Products Group today announced the immediate availability of Matrox X.AVCio development units. A new addition to the Matrox DSX™ family of developer products, Matrox X.AVCio features a high-quality, realtime, onboard H.264 hardware codec for HD and SD as well as a full complement of professional video/audio inputs and outputs including DVI-D or DVI-I (digital), HD/SD SDI, analog, and audio line or microphone input and line level output. Support for 1080p 60 (59.94) and 50 fps is provided via DVI or single-link 3G SDI. An onboard blender allows graphics to be mixed over either a live stream with 0-frame delay or over a playback stream. An onboard scaler provides up and down scaling without using CPU resources.
“With the H.264/AVC onboard codec, our new X.AVCio card supports CABAC entropy encoding and decoding and delivers stunning video quality at remarkably low data rates. It’s at least twice as efficient as MPEG-2 making it ideal for streaming video where bandwidth is limited such as IP video streaming, IP video conferencing, and eEducation applications,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. “This codec advancement coupled with our native MOV file I/O support ensures the utmost compatibility across both Mac and PC environments.”
The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated at NAB 2008 in booth SL320
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with comprehensive Windows XP- and Linux-based Software Development Kits (SDK) that enable OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX platforms leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
• Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
• Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card
• Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV™, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, H.264, and AVC-Intra for P2
• Cross platform file format support - MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
• Multi-layer on-board HD scaler/compositor
• Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
• Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.