NIXUS Hokkaido Nikko Telecommunications Co., Ltd. Exploits the Power of Matrox DSX Developer Products in 3D-NIXUS xf Realtime On-Air 3D Graphics System
Montreal, Canada.– Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that NIXUS Hokkaido Nikko Telecommunications Co., Ltd. has adopted the Matrox X.mio2 card, part of the Matrox DSX™ family of developer products, as the hardware engine for 3D-NIXUS xf, its realtime on-air 3D graphics system for virtual studio and character generator applications.
“In partnership with Matrox, NIXUS has been very successful in providing cutting-edge products to the Japanese broadcast industry. We are very delighted to launch 3D-NIXUS to the worldwide market using the Matrox X.mio2 card,” said Takeshi Takama, president of NIXUS Hokkaido Nikko Telecommunications Co., Ltd. "Matrox X.mio2 is currently the I/O card with the highest broadcast specifications and we particularly take advantage of its DVI input so that 3D-NIXUS xf can leverage graphics card performance to create breakthrough 3D graphics features.
At NAB 2008, the NIXUS products will be shown in booth SL11212. The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated in booth SL320.
About 3D-NIXUS xf
3D-NIXUS xf provides realtime on-air 3D graphics for virtual studio, virtual field, and character generator applications. It adds impact to all types of programs and is ideally suited for enhancing live broadcasts such as news and sports in HD and SD.
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with comprehensive Windows XP- and Linux-based Software Development Kits (SDK) that enable OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX platforms leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
• Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
• Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card
• Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV™, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, H.264, and AVC-Intra for P2
• Cross platform file format support - MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
• Multi-layer on-board HD scaler/compositor
• Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
• Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.