ParentalControlGuides.com Releases Top Five Parental Control and Monitoring Software for 2008
ParentalControlGuides.com (http://parentalcontrolguides.com), the leading review site of Internet and computer monitoring software, today announced its top five parental control software programs for 2008.
The top five recommended parental control and monitoring software programs for this year are:
1. WebWatcher (Awareness Technologies): This is the top rated software for 2008. It achieved the top ranking due to its simplicity of use, great customer support and the remote real-time access feature.
2. Spector Pro (SpectorSoft): This terrific program scores highly in customer support, feature set and its advanced parental warning system.
3. Net Nanny (ContentWatch, Inc.): The original and most recognized parental controls software keeps getting better. It scores highly on documentation and support, an improving feature set and usability.
4. PC Pandora (Pandora Corp.): This easy-to-use program offers an impressive list of features for a great price.
5. Spector for Macintosh (SpectorSoft): For Macintosh owners, this is your best choice when it comes to parental control and monitoring software. It is feature rich, has great customer support and is easy-to-install.
The editors of ParentalControlGuides.com used the following categories as criteria in their unbiased reviews of the software for this year’s recommendations:
· Feature Set: The number of features available was one of the most important factors in making the determination of the top software. Since the features for parental control software can vary greatly from program to program, the editors looked for programs that offered the most features for the price.
· Ease of Installation: All of the programs were installed on computers to determine how easy they were to install and if any errors were encountered during the installation process.
· Program Usability: All of the programs were tested to determine how easy they were to use and to ensure that any user, no matter the skill level, could use them.
· Customer Service and Support: All of the software companies reviewed were randomly tested to see how quickly they responded to questions from prospective customers. The response time and quality of the answer provided was factored into the score to determine a rating for this category.
· Price Point: The price of the software was the final criteria considered. A special price per feature algorithm was used to accurately compare product values.
Jason Keith, executive editor of ParentalControlGuides.com, said parents need to consider implementing parental control and monitoring software on their children’s computers to both protect them and prevent legal problems.
“A recent study showed that nearly seven out of 10 high school students admitted to conducting inappropriate, unsafe or illegal activities on the Internet,” said Keith. “Parents need to monitor the behaviors and actions of their kids online to both protect them from online predators and to prevent legal issues from illegal downloads of music, videos and software.”
ParentalControlGuides.com provides in-depth reviews of parental controls and Internet monitoring software as well as informative and helpful articles targeted at parents to keep their children safe online. Parents wanting to learn more about any specific parental control software or to download free trial versions are encouraged to visit http://parentalcontrolguides.com today.
- Contact Information
- James Preston
- PR Coordinator
- Press Blasters
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.