Oracle Introduces Oracle® Mobile Sales Assistant for Oracle CRM On Demand for BlackBerry
Oracle Redefines Mobile CRM And Continues Its Commitment to Industry-Leading CRM Innovation.
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif
* Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) announced Oracle(r) Mobile Sales Assistant, a new product that redefines mobile CRM access and productivity for Oracle CRM On Demand customers using the BlackBerry(r) wireless platform from Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM).
* Optimized for mobile professionals, Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant is a simple, highly intuitive application designed to help users collaborate with colleagues and customers, complete frequent tasks while out in the field and close deals more quickly while on the road.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant’s intuitive user interface helps sales representatives become more efficient with frequently executed tasks, including managing appointments, collaborating with sales team members and connecting with customer contacts.
* With a single click, users can view account team information and customer contact information; communicate with the team through a call, email, or text message; and get driving directions through PIM and Web integration.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant enables automated prompts to remind users to follow-up or enter notes at the end of a conversation, ensuring vital information is stored locally on their smartphone or saved to the Oracle CRM On Demand in real-time.
* In contrast to browser-based mobile CRM solutions on the market today, Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant is a rich (Java) client application that also supports offline usage and a rich, streamlined user experience.
* Since Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant is delivered as a service, there are low-predictable costs without set-up fees or administrative overhead, and it is easy to deploy and manage because synchronization is not required.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant for BlackBerry(r) smartphones on the BlackBerry(r) Enterprise Server leverages the wireless platform’s inherent security features and push-based architecture.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant is available on BlackBerry(r) OS 4.2 for the following devices: BlackBerry(r) 8800, 8820, 8830, BlackBerry(r) Curve 8300, 8310 and BlackBerry(r) 8700, 8703e, 8707.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant is available for Oracle CRM On Demand customers on the BlackBerry wireless platform for $30 per user per month.
Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant and Social CRM
* Since collaborative applications, social networking, and mobile are driving forces behind Web 2.0 innovations, Oracle is investing heavily to integrate these into Oracle technologies.
* Social CRM enables users to become more effective and productive in their jobs through easy-to-use, focused collaborative applications that become ’smarter’ by leveraging the collective intelligence of social networks and work both within and outside the barriers of companies.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant embraces Social CRM to provide immediate access to critical information - virtually anytime, anywhere - removing barriers to productivity and collaboration, resulting in better customer insight that helps improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and increase sales.
* “In a recent Yankee Group survey of on demand CRM offerings, sales users overwhelmingly expressed interest in being connected to their CRM data via mobile devices,” said Sheryl Kingstone, Director of Enterprise Research, Yankee Group. “Combined with an equally high number of responses expressing interest in application ease-of-use, it is clear that there exists a pent-up demand for consumable mobile applications such as Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant. There is a big difference between wireless CRM and mobile CRM.”
* “The face of mobile CRM is changing with the release of Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant,” said Oracle Senior Vice President of CRM Anthony Lye. “Traditional mobile CRM tries to put the kitchen sink onto a mobile device; sales professionals often don’t like cumbersome CRM on their laptops and like it even less squeezed onto a tiny screen and keyboard. Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant takes a new, consumable approach to delivering CRM on mobile devices with a user interface that works the way sales teams work and finally enables significant productivity gains over traditional mobile CRM solutions.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.