UGS Ships Velocity Series’ Femap Version 9.1
Latest version of leading PC-Based CAE application is part of the new UGS Velocity Series portfolio
NOVEMBER 23, 2005, PLANO, Texas – UGS Corp., a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced it is shipping the English version 9.1 of Femap® software to customers worldwide.
Femap is the finite element analysis (FEA) component of UGS’ new mid-market portfolio, UGS Velocity Series™ portfolio, the industry’s first comprehensive, preconfigured portfolio of digital product design, analysis and data management software for the PLM mid-market.
“Femap Version 9.1 focuses on making FEA easier to use and more accessible to occasional users, while maintaining analysis integrity,” said Alastair Robertson, manager of Femap Marketing, UGS. “Femap’s native Windows user interface improves usability and productivity. This release also offers enhanced in-depth finite element modeling functionality that allows access to advanced analysis solutions.”
New functionality addresses in-depth finite element modeling needs in the mid-market including:
* Data Integrity: A fully associative Solid Edge® interface provides effective geometry transfer in preparation for analysis.
* Open by Design: A new direct CATIA® V5 translator strengthens geometry transfer and CAD integration capabilities.
* Customization: A fully integrated BASIC development environment provides direct access to the OLE/COM API.
* Automation: Users can record, edit and play back, automating repetitive tasks.
* Solver Integration: Strengthened NX™ Nastran software integration with a new linear surface-to-surface contact capability.
* Solution Accuracy: Improved mesh quality around critical boundaries and stress raisers with a new quadrilateral element meshing option.
* Modeling Versatility: Support for NX Nastran spot weld elements to aid modeling of sheet metal component fasteners.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with nearly 4 million licensed seats and 46,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, UGS’ vision is to enable a world where organizations and their partners collaborate through global innovation networks to deliver world-class products and services while leveraging UGS’ open enterprise solutions, fulfilling the mission of enabling them to transform their process of innovation.
Note: UGS, Femap, NX, Solid Edge and Transforming the process of innovation are trademarks or registered trademarks of UGS Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. NASTRAN is a trademark or registered mark of NASA. CATIA is a trademark or registered mark of Dassault Systémes. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
The statements in this news release that are not historical statements, including statements regarding expected benefits of the product, adoption by customers, continued innovation and other statements identified by forward looking terms such as “may,” “will,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate” or “project,” are forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements, including, among others, risks relating to developments in the PLM industry, competition, failure to innovate and intellectual property. UGS has included a discussion of these and other pertinent risk factors in its registration statement on Form S-4 most recently filed with the SEC. UGS disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Contact Information
- Dora Smith
- UGS Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.